A Flasher In Graves Park

Just incase people haven't heard,on tuesday the 8th of april a flasher was caught in Graves park.We don't live in sheffield but my wifes sister walkes in the park regularly with her dog.For a while now apparantly, there has been the odd sighting of a man indecently exposing himself and police on push bikes patrolled the park.But on April the 8th a group of women with a little girl were walking through the park when the man was seen naked from the waist down running through the trees,one of the women phoned the police while another took after him in hot persuit,catching him in the act of putting his trousers back on!!The little girl saw everything as the man apparantly deliberatly exposed himself to her.The police arrested him and took him to woodseats police station,where in custody he removed his shoes and was seen to have mud all over his feet??? We don't know who the brave lady was that caught him, but well done mrs!!!

omg a flasher thats bad

Well i never i've heard stories like this before in graves park i do know of one strange man who preeches christianity to people he's a bit of an oddball and i remember one occasion children on a bouncy castle slide and he was telling the kids to put their arms in the sky and open there legs while coming down the slide .......it may well seem pretty harmless but if you knew this bloke and had spoken to him then you too would be concerned

The police arrested him and took him to woodseats police station,where in custody he removed his shoes and was seen to have mud all over his feet??? We don't know who the brave lady was that caught him, but well done mrs!!!

What's the source of this information? Surely the only people with access to this sort of information would be custody staff? Is it possible there's an element of Chinese whispers to this - Woodseats police station doesn't even have a active custody suite?

Come to think of it, years ago (late 90's?), me and a friend were at the Sheffield Show in Graves Park and I am pretty sure we saw a dodgy looking man in the trees and were joking back then he was a flasher, he wasn't doing nothing I know that! Wonder if it's the same guy?

Well i never i've heard stories like this before in graves park i do know of one strange man who preeches christianity to people he's a bit of an oddball and i remember one occasion children on a bouncy castle slide and he was telling the kids to put their arms in the sky and open there legs while coming down the slide .......it may well seem pretty harmless but if you knew this bloke and had spoken to him then you too would be concerned

I'm sorry but.. if he spoke to my kids like that he would be passing his own teeth for weeks :rant:

The preacher man is "mad John", hes pretty well known in S8, a bit of a legend really. Barred from most pubs and spends most of his days wandering through the park in his string vest.

Hes pretty harmless in my opinion just a little eccentric.

Are there any women in Sheffield that haven't been flashed at by flashers. All five female members of my familly have been flashed by different blokes.

Are there any women in Sheffield that haven't been flashed at by flashers. All five female members of my familly have been flashed by different blokes.

I was going to say no I haven't but then I remembered that once I was lying on a beach with a female friend in Spain and this Spanish bloke came up and started chatting to us rather letchily. When I looked up from my book I saw he had on a t-shirt and shoes but nothing else. I just put my head firmly back in my book and said "no no no!" while my friend p****d herself laughing. He pretended to have no idea what the problem was but eventually walked off. I wouldn't call it flashing really, but it definitely wasn't appropriate!

What's the source of this information? Surely the only people with access to this sort of information would be custody staff? Is it possible there's an element of Chinese whispers to this - Woodseats police station doesn't even have a active custody suite?

I love that euphemism 'custody suite' you mean CELLS.

Personally I don't think there's one iota of truth to this story, another inconsistency is that the story goes that this group saw him running through the trees and one just one of them took chase, but he must have doubled back as he then managed to flash the little girl who was with the group.

Come on, you'd have to be a moron to believe such an idiotic yarn.

If anything has happened, then remember the legal stuff, and don't say anything which could prejudice a legal action, and if you want to have a laugh, then do it by PM, or there's a chat room.

<<<<<<<

I suspect most women have experienced something like this at some point. I've experienced incidents like this (and worse) on numerous ocassions.