Breastfeeding Groups

I was just wondering wether there is a group in Sheffield as i am finding it difficult to find one

Thanks

There are a few but I only know the details of one. The one I have been involved with meets on a Monday 10.30 to 12.30 in the childrens library in Hillsborough Park. There are other peer supporters on Sheffield Forum who should be able to give details of other groups. Good luck!

I was just wondering wether there is a group in Sheffield as i am finding it difficult to find one

Thanks

Tuesday afternoon 12.30 - 2.30, Early Days, Palgrave Road, Parson Cross. Just drop in, you will be made more than welcome and very experienced BF peer support workers to help you with any probs.

XXXXX:)

If you contact your local Surestart they have breastfeeding cafes quite regularly, could be worth giving them a call.

sorry for being stupid but what happens at the meetings? I tried breastfeeding with my last child but the midwife said I didn't have enough milk and the baby was starving and that we needed to give her a bottle. I was 17 and thought she knew best (although my dd was and still is the biggest eater i know) I REALLY REALLY want to do it this time but have no clue about it!

They show you how to latch the baby on properly/ help you with it, help with positioning and just give you general advice and help.

Do some reading about breastfeeding on the internet, there are some fantastic sites around.

is there any groups like a toddler group especially fro bf mothers

sorry for being stupid but what happens at the meetings? I tried breastfeeding with my last child but the midwife said I didn't have enough milk and the baby was starving and that we needed to give her a bottle. I was 17 and thought she knew best (although my dd was and still is the biggest eater i know) I REALLY REALLY want to do it this time but have no clue about it!

Please feel free to come down to Breast Feeding Info Days we also have on Tuesday. Its morning though 9.30 - 12.00, as it says its info on BF your baby and we welcome any questions, worries etc.

The BF group is a little like a toddler group where mums can share advice, support each other and chill out as well. Hope to see you anniec. XX :)

Although we're not purely to support b/f, at Jellytots we do cater for breastfeeding parents and for those who don't.

We're quite chilled out and (almost) anything goes :)

You might be interested to know that my friend and I are setting up a new breastfeeding group. This is a group primarily offering support and friendship to those mothers who wish to breastfeed longer than "usual" (about 6 months or so). Whilst we don't have too many physical issues at this stage, emotional and social issues are rife for many of us. My friend and I sought solace in each other, after having very few people who we could talk to about this.

This group aims to offer the same thing to others. We are going to be meeting the first Thursday of the month each month at 1-3pm. I hope that you will be able to join us. PM me for venue details (we'll meet in each others homes to keep it all nice and informal):D

There is a well established group in Stocksbridge that used to meet at the library and have now moved to the children's centre on Manchester Rd. Give them a call to find out what time they meet - 0114 283 6930