Doncaster Flood Victims - Can you offer help and support

During Madmatt's inspection of Catcliffe today she was advised by a member of the Salvation Army that they had a similar crisis in Doncaster and needed support of the nature we are providing in Sheffield

We are therefore starting a new thread for Doncaster in this Forum for SFUsers in that area to post up their help and support needs.

If you live or work in Doncaster or the surrounding areas and are able to help please use this thread to communicate with each other.

Many thanks andco

Any news from doncaster? What do they need? what help do they require? I'm collecting some things from people on freecycle and want to know who to get in touch with in reguards to where it's needed?

Please send Madmutt a PM - she'll reply asap; hopefully she's resting up now because she's been on the go since 8am & didnt get to bed this morning until 4.30 because she went out to have a look around Catcliffe after that report from a Sheffield Freecycler about the poor level of support for people over there.

:wave: I'm from Doncaster, I'm in talks with a councellor for Askern as to where to aim the help if I hear anything I'll let you know

Let me know what you find out BM. I'm collecting clothing, a quilt, some bedding, games, toys, poss a tv and a futon mattress! Let me know where they are needed as I can deliver if no one can collect! :thumbsup:

Let us know what is happening too. There are indeed surplus of clothing donors coming forward previously. What they have may be of use to the other flooded areas.

Still not heard anything yet, If I don't get a responce by tomorrow I'll phone council monday

I have stuff to donate if anyone needs it. My whole family is sorting out clothes and also, my boys are donating some of their toys to the "little boys and girls without any toys". (My 4 yr olds words). I have some spare hand towels and my mum says she has some bedding so if anyone knows where I can drop it off please let me know. I have a car so can deliver it.

Im in the process of arranging the use of a large van for a day without charge. so if anyone wants to use my house as a drop off point for items to doncaster when required please contact me.

We are also leasing with the salvation army who are taking care of ppl in that area at the moment who are in shelters.

Updates will soon follow

anna

Ok, as it stands at the moment, im working on collecting a Van load of donations to take to doncaster as soon as possible.

I have donations from geerarffe today, captain chaos a couple of days ago and garrance within the next hour.

We want to make the trip worthwhile so please let me know of any donations that can be delivered to me for doncaster. I can collect but i dont want to travel miles because im almost broke!!

thank you all in advance

anna