The Blagging Thread - if you're asking for donations from companies, please look here

Hi all,

Can I ask anyone who's approached companies to list who they've approached here? That way we don't get two or three of us chasing the same people. I'll edit the posts in to one big list as we go on.

Also, when we do get help I'll make sure that we set up a 'Thanks' page for all the companies who've helped us out.

Sorry to be 'heavy', but... If anyone tries to us the name of SF to blag stuff privately, or abuses the good nature and name of anyone else involved, company or individual, we'll use our various contacts in the Police to request action. So please don't be tempted.

Companies Approached

Twinings - tea manufacturers.

Waitrose,

Somerfield,

Sainsburys head officees via email this afternoon,

Co-op head office,

Arnold Lavers,

JTF

Wilkinsons,

Woolworths

Home Bargains

MAKRO

Janitorial Direct (cleaning supplies) Chesterfield

and Homebase tonight

Virgin Vie

Wickes

Tesco

Boots

Morrisons (Penistone Road)

Freecycle

Mothercare

Costco

Atkinsons

Homebase

ToysRUs

Masterfoods

Spar

Maplin

Donations Already Received from

Asda - Handsworth - donated

Morrisons - Halfway - donated

Sainsburys - Peaks - giving tomorrow

Twinings - tea promised

Waitrose,

Somerfield,

Sainsburys head officees via email this afternoon,

Co-op head office,

Arnold Lavers,

JTF

Wilkinsons,

Woolworths

Home Bargains

MAKRO

Janitorial Direct (cleaning supplies) Chesterfield

and Homebase tonight- couldn't get email addresses for Tesco, Morrisons or M&S

If I've been able to find a press office email contact, I've gone through that route, to try to raise the profile

Also: Spar Head Office today (28th Jun 07)

Netto (28th Jun 07)

No email contacts for Alid or Lidl though

Bonny sent me an email to say she's contacted Virgin Vie for personal hygiene stuff and I think she's going to be contacting other major organisations to see what they can put up.

Just phoned Wickes don't have anything i'm afraid

I've just dropped a letter off at Morrisons on Penistone Road - will call to let us know

emailed Tesco and Boots main office earlier today.

furniture etc via Sheffield and Rotherham freecycle organisation (if posted in wrong place please move, thanks)

I will get in touch with Mothercare at Crystal Peaks tomorrow morning, see if we can get some baby & childrens supplies.

I will get in touch with Mothercare at Crystal Peaks tomorrow morning, see if we can get some baby & childrens supplies.

good idea! Another thought occurred to me- what about pet food? There's a pretty strong chance any dried cat/ dog or rabbit/small critter food would have been destroyed...Dont want to start asking for supplies though unless they are really needed

It doesn't look like anyone's contacted Costco? I'll do that one too - hopefully they may be in a good position to donate a wide range of urgently needed items such as cleaning stuff and non-perishable foodstuff.

It doesn't look like anyone's contacted Costco? I'll do that one too - hopefully they may be in a good position to donate a wide range of urgently needed items such as cleaning stuff and non-perishable foodstuff.

I tried to email them earlier but couldnt find an email address for Costco - they ought to be worth a try though