Black Clio and the zebra crossing at Chapletown

There's a relatively new zebra crossing in Chapeltown. Its been there around 18 months and due to its location there have been one or two near misses. Its the crossing between tesco express and KFC.

I was lucky enough to be a "near miss" around 3.30 this afternoon. A black clio, around N reg with 3 young lads on board, must have thought it was hilarious to accelerate off the roundabout and miss me by 2 feet as I crossed the zebra crossing.

Hopefully the can of drink I had caused sufficient damage to the windscreen, bodywork and interior to make them think again!

Jim

make your mind up, are you complaining about the location of the crossing or the ways these guys were driving, or just moaning about bugger all

make your mind up, are you complaining about the location of the crossing or the ways these guys were driving, or just moaning about bugger all

Thanks for your contribution!

My points are, 1. the crossing is in a bad location and 2. the guy's driving was dangerous. I was nearly halfway across and he accelerated to get over the crossing in front of me.

If I had just taken one step on to the crossing, you could excuse it, but when your 3/4 steps across thats either dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention.

So no, I am not complaining about bugger all. Have you nothing better to do than troll????

jim

From what I can gather, they put the crossing there because people would be too lazy to walk 5 yards up the road - they come out of Tesco and want the quickest way to wherever they are going. But yes, it is badly placed. I know of a couple of accidents that have happened there and there will probably be more. You were lucky.

I wonder if it was put there thinking that it would help people on market days? - Tuesday and Friday.

So Jim - did you really throw a can?

If so - TOP LAD!

Nice comment Vicki85, very public spirited :rolleyes:

So Jim - did you really throw a can?

If so - TOP LAD!

Tesco's finest Kick! Diet version of course

Jim:thumbsup:

Nice comment Vicki85, very public spirited :rolleyes:

Totally agree, what will you do if you read they hit and killed someone, maybe buy them a flamin pint! :roll:

Have you not seen the Moron in the Red Metro yet Jim, feel free to launch a 'beer barrel' if you come across him, glad to read your ok though!