2007 Family and child-based events and activities calendar

At this time of year I start to find my diary filling up with events and activities I think it would be fun to take cosycub to.

I thought it might be an idea to share them with the rest of you, and if you have some to add, feel free...though my diary is starting to look more like a book than anything else...

Ongoing

Heeley City Farm. Free. 10 am – 4 pm every day except Christmas Day. Richards Rd, S2. Café, Farm, Small animals house, new Energy Centre. http://www.heeleyfarm.org.uk

Birley Spa Bath House Open Days, First Saturday in every month March-October, 10 am – 1 pm. Free. Birley Spa Lane S12. Kevin Hill 07980867164

Bishops House Museum. Free. Sat: 10 am – 4.30 pm. Sun: 11 am – 4.30 pm.

Rother Valley Country Park

Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife and Falconry Centre. 10 am – 5 pm. Woodsetts Rd, Anston, S25 4EQ. Entry charge.

Fire and Police Exhibition and Museum. 11 am – 5 pm. West Bar S1. Every Sunday and Bank Holidays. 2491999

Wednesday Wayfarers Walk. Every Wednesday 9.30 – 4.30, meet at Grenoside Community Centre S35. Suitable for families. Phone Frank Rogers on 2469603

June

17th June Duck Race, Millhouses Park Sara Jenkinson 0114 273 6433

17th June Yacht Regatta 9am to 1 pm Millhouses Park Boating Lake Sheffield Ship Model Society 0114 273 6433

23rd June Gravestone Rubbings Day, General Cemetery. 12 pm – 3 pm. Free rubbing box and trail for children and families. Meet at Cemetery Gatehouse, Cemetery Ave, S11. Phone 2683486

*24th June 10.30 am – 5 pm, Sheffield Festival of Transport, Graves Park, S8. Animal Farm, fun fair, region’s largest motor extravaganza. Adults £2.50, children free.

July

14th July Sharrow Festival, Mount Pleasant Park, off Abbeydale/London Road. A really enjoyable festival for the whole family

14th and 15th July Promenade Theatre Event, General Cemetery, 2 to 3 performances each day. Keep eyes open for more information. Phone 2683486

14th & 15th July Cliffhanger at Graves Park

August

4th & 5th August The Noddy Festival at Graves Park

*5 August, Motor Show - the first ever city centre motor show in Sheffield

*Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 August, 10.00am - 5.00pm, Sheffield On Sea

Peace Gardens. Activities will include the Beach, donkey rides, the land train, summer music, children’s craft activities, fairground rides, a treasure hunts, Punch and Judy, and much more…

*26th and 27th August 10.30 – 5.30 Sheffield Fayre. Multi-period history camp, horticulture show, fun fair, trade stalls, etc. Norfolk Heritage Park, Guildford Avenue, S2.Phone 2736433

September

1st & 2nd September Art in the Gardens at Sheffield Botanical gardens

17th September 1 pm – 4 pm, Art in the Park: Balloonistas – Part one. Design and print your ideas on fabric to make a giant balloon. Meet at Edward Street Flats, Netherthorpe. http://www.artinthepark.org.uk

24th to 28th September Zippo's Circus at Endcliffe Park

October

15th October 1 pm – 4 pm, The Big Draw Superheroes. Ponderosa (by the climbing boulder). Celebrate the National Festival of Drawing by drawing superheroes – from life!

Sunday 28 October, Fright Night - Britain's biggest Halloween party

November

Sunday 18 November. City Lights - the City's Christmas lights switch on event -

12th November, 12 pm – 3 pm, Art in the Park: Balloonistas – part two. Same as 17th September.

December

10th December: Hillsborough Park Christmas festival. 11 am – 4 pm.

14th – 16th December, 4 pm – 8 pm, A Real Magical Christmas (the Botanical Gardens), SCC Parks and Countryside team and Sheffield Children’s Hospital Appeal…brand new Christmas event. Ice skating, Santas Grotto, illuminations, etc. Adults £4, children under 14 Free. Botanical Gardens, Clarkehouse Rd, S10

More to come...

In that case I'd like to add mine:

7th May, 2007, MAY FAYRE

@ Merlin Theatre/Tintagel House site. In aid of the Merlin Kindergarten "garden project".

Lots of stalls including craft, baking, toys, clothing, baby equipment, plants etc. etc.

Games, activities, refreshments

Puppet show

May pole dancing workshop and demonstration

all welcome

Added quite a few more....

Great idea! My kiddo's only a pup so I need places to visit but don't need the kids activities. What about the local festivals? I think Sharrow festival is on 14th July this year. And did I hear a rumour that there was going to be a festival in Endcliffe Park?

Thank you rozee, if you give me reminders, I can add things. Really really busy at the mo, so please bear with me.

I'm looking for suggestions for things to do with toddlers, nice days out for them.

So far, we've done Weston Park, Graves Park Farm and the butterfly house at north anston. Looking for inside and outside ideas.

I'll be going to Tropical World in Leeds soon, will feedback.

Have a look at Cosywolfs thread on events in 2007.

Twycrosszoo just over an hour down the M1 is good. Chatsworth is great either just fro picnics/scenery or the animalsand adventure playground and sandpit. MAgna's got a really good outdoor play bit too (and good inside!)

easytigers at chesterfield is a great indoor soft play centre,its huge, my lot love it as you can go in with them

Weston Park Museum. *edit you already did that

what about heeley city farm

We took my grandaughter to White Post Farm out Nottinghamshire way for her 3rd birthday. Had a brill day with all the animals etc.