TV Camera Crew, Holmhirst Road, Woodseats

Anybody know what it's about? They were filming outside a house at the junction of Fraser Rd and Holmhirst Rd at 9.20am

It's for a new series of "Who Do You Think You Are?" A very famous local celebrity once lived there.

I wonder if it's got anything to do with the murder that took place there several years ago.

I wonder if it's got anything to do with the murder that took place there several years ago.

now I'm worried. What happened?

murder

–noun 1. Law. the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

i think he may mean the post man?

A postman emptying the postbox was attacked and murdered. I don't think anyone was ever convicted of his murder.

Are you near the film crew? Why don't you go and ask them what they're doing? Then tell us, cos I want to know too.

A postman emptying the postbox was attacked and murdered. I don't think anyone was ever convicted of his murder.

Are you near the film crew? Why don't you go and ask them what they're doing? Then tell us, cos I want to know too.

No it's up the other end where the filming is, quite near the Big Tree. I remember the postman getting killed. RIP.

so who is the famous person that lived there?

so who is the famous person that lived there?

I believe it's Matthew Corbett, the guy who presented the Sooty Show for many happy years. The next series of "Who Do You Think You Are?" will exclusively feature glove puppets and the people they worked with.

I believe it's Matthew Corbett, the guy who presented the Sooty Show for many happy years. The next series of "Who Do You Think You Are?" will exclusively feature glove puppets and the people they worked with.

This doesn't make any sense as anyone could have operated Sooty not just Matthew Corbett. If it was about Sooty and Sweep themselves and they came from Totley so I think your explanation is wrong. I have just pulled Matthews autobiography, "My life with Sooty - I don't know where that hand has been", from my shelf and can confirm that he is from the far end of the street.

Matthew Corbett used to live doors away from me?! Wow, how did I ever not know this?! Does it say in his autobiography roughly when he lived there?