How about an SF Parenting meet?

How about a Sheffield Forum Parenting meet then?

Meet up, parents/carers have a chat and a cuppa, kids have a play and some juice.

I propose Monday 30th October at 1pm - 3pm at Jellytots since I'll be there already and since we'll have everything we need there too!

There is an entrance fee of £1.50 but £1.00 if you buy membership and I'm sure we can arrange an SF table so we can tell who is SF and who is joe public.

I'll even chuck in a free cuppa for anyone who comes and identifies themselves as an SF member!

Lower ground floor of Victoria Methodist Misson on Chapel walk using the lift for pushchair access or the George Street entrance and down the steps inside.

Let me know if you are up for it and I'll arrange an SF reserved sign for you all, just an idea of how many chairs would be good.

How about a Sheffield Forum Parenting meet then?

Meet up, parents/carers have a chat and a cuppa, kids have a play and some juice.

I propose Monday 30th October at 1pm - 3pm at Jellytots since I'll be there already and since we'll have everything we need there too!

There is an entrance fee of £1.50 but £1.00 if you buy membership and I'm sure we can arrange an SF table so we can tell who is SF and who is joe public.

I'll even chuck in a free cuppa for anyone who comes and identifies themselves as an SF member!

Lower ground floor of Victoria Methodist Misson on Chapel walk using the lift for pushchair access or the George Street entrance and down the steps inside.

Let me know if you are up for it and I'll arrange an SF reserved sign for you all, just an idea of how many chairs would be good.

:| I no longer have babies/toddlers :( does that mean I can't come.

Nah come down, you're still a parent!

i shall try to pop down, but am pathetically disorganised at the mo (who knows, maybe i will have grown out of it by then? *snorts derisively*). see you then....

I'd love to come but my baby is due on the 30th :-) LOL I'm sure I'll be coming down once I've had my little one though.

It's a lovely idea.

xx

You don't have to have your kids there, come down anyway, you'll still meet others with kids and then you can bring your kids to Jellytots in the holidays.

Mrs Carter - we shall be looking forward to meeting you and your new arrival, remind me about that free cuppa when you get there.

Babychickens - tattoo date and time on forehead, looking forward to meeting you!

Hi,

I'll be up for that. I dont think i have anything planned for that day.....is it better to get the bus into town or do you think i'll be able to get a parking space somewhere?

trish

There's parking underneath The Crucible at the NCP which is across the road from the building we're in. It's not cheap but it's never full.

John Lewis isn't a far walk away if you know the route. The on street parking is one hour only though. So maybe the NCP or tram or park and ride. The tram is really local to us too.

Will be great to meet you!

It's looking ok for now, we've got two of those babyswings for parents with little babes, ideal to have pulled up to the table or something while you relax with a cuppa!

Just aquired a Thomas The Tank pushalong, an inflatable playring and various other items for teeny tinys.

I've taken some fruit teas down too so we can cater for non caffeine drinkers.

Do you think we should sell milk? As in cups of?

As it is on the tram route, I think my daughter and I might wander down, I can't stand driving/parking in town.

Which tram stop is Jelly Tots closest too on the blue/yellow trams ?

The best tram stop is the one between Ponds Forge and the Cathedral, outside the Bankers Draft and TJ Hughes, and Primark etc. Then you just walk from the tram along Arundel Gate to the Crucible turn off and down the side of Jumbo to the George St entrance. (Unless you have a pushchair because there are about 10 steps inside that door).

The Cathedral tram stop is ok too and walk through Chapel Walk to the upper ground floor entrance on the left before the charity shop.

Don't forget to tell me you're SF members for your free cuppa.

I'll need to wear a badge or something with Zebra stripes on for you all to identify me won't I?

Best put thinking cap on :idea:

I'm so glad you're all going to give it a try :thumbsup: