Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Dog mess on Colley Park

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

03-06-2017, 22:08   #1
Pinhigh

Total Posts: 54
Honestly! Can people start picking their dog's mess up when they take them in the park!! A roll of poo bags from Poundland cost,yes,you've got it,a 1!

There's no shame in picking it up!!

Cheers. Rant over.
03-06-2017, 23:15   #2
mrcharlie

Total Posts: 400
Lol, you ought to see Mosborough village.... Dear God, the pavements are just covered, sorry, smeared with multiple piles of dog <removed>.
Most owners now take their dog to the local church (St. Marks) and let their dog/dogs off to go a crap wherever it suits them.

Absolute scum of the earth these people. They want dogs, read that again "They" want dogs, but we have to put up with all the dog <removed> because they don't want it in their own homes!!

The council should set up a link where people can snap them with their smartphones and get rewarded for each prosecution.

Filthy sods!!

Last edited by nikki-red; 04-06-2017 at 09:13. Reason: masked swearing
03-06-2017, 23:41   #3
Pinhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcharlie View Post
Lol, you ought to see Mosborough village.... Dear God, the pavements are just covered, sorry, smeared with multiple piles of dog <removed>.
Most owners now take their dog to the local church (St. Marks) and let their dog/dogs off to go a crap wherever it suits them.

Absolute scum of the earth these people. They want dogs, read that again "They" want dogs, but we have to put up with all the dog <removed> because they don't want it in their own homes!!

The council should set up a link where people can snap them with their smartphones and get rewarded for each prosecution.

Filthy sods!!
I have a dog myself but just can't understand why people can let theirs do their business on the fields (& even on the paths) & then just leave it!!

Last edited by nikki-red; 04-06-2017 at 09:13. Reason: masked swearing
04-06-2017, 01:32   #4
Ivan Spatula

Total Posts: 211
it galls me , folk go on about dog turds all the time yet they will let their filthy moggies out & lay their eggs allover anyone elses garden , ive got 2 dogs , my back garden is securely fenced in so they can't go on a neighbours , yet I'm fed up of getting up in a morning & seeing them eat piles of catty bobbar on my garden - why moan about dogs all the time , you look after ur cats & i'll look after my dogs - till we reach equilibrium - LET THE BOBBAR WAR CONTINUE !!
_______
I just can't see the point why folk want to read rubbish like this every time folk post , so therefore I am not having a signature
04-06-2017, 08:28   #5
maidinsheff

Total Posts: 110
I own a collie and always pick up after him. What really annoys me is the amount of human waste, i.e. Litter that is strewn all over wherever you go. Before anyone starts snapping pics and applying for a reward people should make sure they clean up after themselves and their kids. I don't drop litter and never have done and consider people who do dirty scumbags who don't deserve to live in a beautiful country. At least dog <removed> is fully biodegradable.

Last edited by nikki-red; 04-06-2017 at 09:12. Reason: masked swearing
04-06-2017, 09:28   #6
melv

Total Posts: 966
I challenged a woman yesterday evening who was allowing her greyhound to foul a footpath in Meersbrook park. All hell broke loose! She accused me of harassing her and she would call the police. She added that I should be punched on the nose. All this was done at the top of her voice... A guilty conscience does strange things to people...
04-06-2017, 09:53   #7
Pinhigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Spatula View Post
it galls me , folk go on about dog turds all the time yet they will let their filthy moggies out & lay their eggs allover anyone elses garden , ive got 2 dogs , my back garden is securely fenced in so they can't go on a neighbours , yet I'm fed up of getting up in a morning & seeing them eat piles of catty bobbar on my garden - why moan about dogs all the time , you look after ur cats & i'll look after my dogs - till we reach equilibrium - LET THE BOBBAR WAR CONTINUE !!
Yes,this is true. My mother as the same problem with cats at her place! The dogdoo is more in public places though & probably more rife methinks.

---------- Post added 04-06-2017 at 09:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by melv View Post
I challenged a woman yesterday evening who was allowing her greyhound to foul a footpath in Meersbrook park. All hell broke loose! She accused me of harassing her and she would call the police. She added that I should be punched on the nose. All this was done at the top of her voice... A guilty conscience does strange things to people...
Unbelievable!! It amazes me how they are not embarrassed in the slightest to watch they dog foul such an area!!

---------- Post added 04-06-2017 at 10:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidinsheff View Post
I own a collie and always pick up after him. What really annoys me is the amount of human waste, i.e. Litter that is strewn all over wherever you go. Before anyone starts snapping pics and applying for a reward people should make sure they clean up after themselves and their kids. I don't drop litter and never have done and consider people who do dirty scumbags who don't deserve to live in a beautiful country. At least dog <removed> is fully biodegradable.
Quite true maidinsheff. I have spoke about Colley Park before & the amount of litter (mainly plastic bottles) that is left strewn about. TBF the football teams have been making a better effort recently bagging a lot up but still a lot is left. The kids/youths just use it as a social (read anti social) gathering point & have no concept of litter bins. Anything that is put in the park for their enjoyment is usually wrecked or destroyed in time. Shame but thats how it is.
04-06-2017, 10:13   #8
Phili Buster

Total Posts: 920
Can anyone explain the rational of going to the expense (?) of buying the black bags, then making the supreme effort to pick their dog's offering into the black bag but then throw the black bag into the trees / bushes / grass or even the path

What is it with these deranged people

And don't get me started on cats
04-06-2017, 10:26   #9
bassett one

Total Posts: 2,383
we have to pay a man annually to clear greenhill park before we have our event,dont know if the parks dept do the same before there events in other parks,its a disgrace and needs sorting,get them fined and parks be dog mess free.
_______
huge reggae music event sun aug 12th top line up,free entry,greenhill park 120ft reggae marqee
see lowedges festival details,stalls wanted
04-06-2017, 10:31   #10
Bodie

Total Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phili Buster View Post
And don't get me started on cats
OK, I'll not bother
04-06-2017, 10:32   #11
monkey104

Total Posts: 3,641
Could you imagine the almighty brewha if SCC employed wardens to issue fines to people not clearing up their dog mess?
04-06-2017, 12:35   #12
ninjastu

Total Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhigh View Post
Honestly! Can people start picking their dog's mess up when they take them in the park!! A roll of poo bags from Poundland cost,yes,you've got it,a 1!

There's no shame in picking it up!!

Cheers. Rant over.
and have you noticed the amount of poo bags discarded at side of pathways in the park, all because they can`t be bothered to find a bin
04-06-2017, 21:28   #13
Tigerfan

Total Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey104 View Post
Could you imagine the almighty brewha if SCC employed wardens to issue fines to people not clearing up their dog mess?
Perhaps they should
04-06-2017, 22:50   #14
mrcharlie

Total Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by melv View Post
Actually it's a shame she didn't punch you on the nose...
Can you imagine the fallout??
National tabloids would have a field day, you would get financial compensation for trauma/stress....she would be hounded by the press and public and even better it would throw the media spotlight over the whole disgusting dog owners attitude to public places.

Go back and challenge her.....it's worth a bloody nose surely!

Me, I deliberately turn away from dog owners, I despise them, yes some do pick up, but the stench from constant urine streaks on the primary school gates or the church steps is equally offensive.

I'm sick to death of them, absolutely pig sick of 'em.

I hope they all know just how despised they are.
The council really should look into setting up a link where the public can send photos of owners abusing public space. Seriously it would probably raise more revenue than speed cameras. I'd pack my day job in and just wander round all day snapping away. Easy money.

Last edited by mrcharlie; 04-06-2017 at 22:58.
05-06-2017, 09:58   #15
Owethemnowt

Total Posts: 1,078
I returned home to find splattered dog faeces along my drive in line with the car wheels.

Apparently, I'd just driven through some of the mess covering the pavement between the dropped curb and my drive. Even four wheels couldn't manage to reshape all examples of turdus doggyius left for my perusal.

Other deposits were still in place and available for pedsetrians to take home via their footwear. In Dore and Totley apparently they gather the horse manure. In S5 we are not often visited by the horsey set. Rather the pit bull, rottweiler or heinz variety of four legged animal is the average toe rag's fashion accessory. Usually, given a walk on the way to buy or sell drugs. It's such a well supported business round here I'm surprised no one branches out into car boots rather than car windows.

Fortunately, I found the culprit via CCTV. The dog starts to make its deposits while the owner pulls strongly on the dog's lead to no avail.The last time I saw footage like this it starred Charlie Chaplin. Where was I? Oh yes, it was a big beast. In both senses. The dog is then dragged mid-dump until emptied. The latter being something similar to a lorry load of sand slipping from a trailer. No attempt was made to retrieve the deposits or kick the stuff into the road. Unacceptable, but marginally better then turning the pavement into an obstacle course that would have challenged the SAS.

I phoned the Council; environmental issue. I received a good response. A prosecution is straight forward and someone is to call and view the footage. The Council employ a Turd Assessment Officer who will weigh the issue very carefully.

I consider this a result and am pleased by the immediate action and attitude shown by the Council. Not only must our streets be safe but clean too.

Later I produced a hose pipe and sluiced the car tyres, driveway and pavement with copious blasts of water for several minutes to cleanse the area. Nothing was stuck to a blanket but it certainly was reluctant to leave the scene of the grime. Despite the naturally curved and sausage shaped appearences, it was impossible to roll away and required direct hits to become dislodged, disintegrated and vanquished. I was reminded of 1970s TV game shows before my mind conjured up an image of the Queen pinning on a medal for services to tarmac, an interview with Holly and Phil followed by 'c' status celebrity with guest appearences to follow. I could see myself on 'Bake Off' producing a wonderful Toad in the Hole.

A passing neighbour commented how he'd had to tread carefully, what a disgrace it had been and how the culprit needed a warning. No next times though for me. Battle lines had been marked on the tarmac. This was war.

Perhaps the gentle bombs that fell so slow were released too early and the bus stop was the intended target. I just happened to be collaterol damage. An indiscriminate cluster bomb with my name on it.

I will assist in a prosecution and not consider any 'warning' or second chance. My human rights, to live free of unwanted deliveries, has been breached.

It needs to be a case of one dump and you're toast.

Apologies if you're having breakfast.

Last edited by Owethemnowt; 05-06-2017 at 10:04.
05-06-2017, 13:59   #16
melv

Total Posts: 966
//Actually it's a shame she didn't punch you on the nose...
National tabloids would have a field day, you would get financial compensation for trauma/stress....she would be hounded by the press and public and even better it would throw the media spotlight over the whole disgusting dog owners attitude to public places.

Go back and challenge her.....it's worth a bloody nose surely.//

Discretion was better than valour in this case,mrcharlie. She was in a bit of a lather and could have accused me of anything. There were no witnesses, so I beat a retreat, sharpish.
05-06-2017, 15:56   #17
monkey104

Total Posts: 3,641
Quote:
Actually it's a shame she didn't punch you on the nose...

Go back and challenge her.....it's worth a bloody nose surely!

Me, I deliberately turn away from dog owners, I despise them, yes some do pick up, but the stench from constant urine streaks on the primary school gates or the church steps is equally offensive.

The council really should look into setting up a link where the public can send photos of owners abusing public space. Seriously it would probably raise more revenue than speed cameras. I'd pack my day job in and just wander round all day snapping away. Easy money.
Dear me. Sit down and take a Valium.
05-06-2017, 16:48   #18
Alan Hartley

Total Posts: 4,055
Quote:

All right minded people would agree that dog fouling and then the owners failing to pick it up is wrong, but I get the sense that you are a misanthropic person that dislikes dogs and their owners in general, even those that do the right thing and pick up the poo.

whether you like it or not dogs are a part of society as much as anything else.
05-06-2017, 16:48   #19
bassett one

Total Posts: 2,383
I agree its awfull but you don't have to go as far as that do you,its the council that needs to sort it a few big fines all over this city and I think that would do the trick.
_______
huge reggae music event sun aug 12th top line up,free entry,greenhill park 120ft reggae marqee
see lowedges festival details,stalls wanted
05-06-2017, 21:23   #20
Daisydoo!

Total Posts: 520
I'm also a dog owner infact owner of two. I walk daily in Greenhill Park and the amount of owners that do not clean up is disgusting. After being reported to neighbourhood wardens for using a communal bin I was told by the wardens I cant use the communal bins. I asked what about the 100's of people that left it on the pavement. They didn't care about that more worried about it tied up in a bag. I reported this issue to the dog wardens to be told we only have two wardens for Sheffield and they were busy with abandoned and stray animals. She said they would try and start issuing some fines but I've not seen anyone in there. Also the homes surrounding Greenhill park are also areas to watch where you put your feet because again people don't clean up and leave deposit at the end of peoples paths. Just lazy if you have a dog or two clean up after them simple!! Also think the wardens have bigger issues to deal with than using a communal bin.
Reply To Topic