Raven pub off West Street?

A mate of mine shown me an old photo of a pub called the ' Raven' he thinks it was off West Street but wouldn't a gamble a pint on that. The building itself has a central door each side of that has bow Windows ,two storeys not really a big building shops of either side. :help:

Guest makapaka

The hornblower was demolished for the west one development. Would have been around 2000

I was a regular at the Raven when Lol was the land lord , There was a boxing ring up stairs where a few rows where sorted out between the Town lads .

Lols daughter was a very attractive lass whom I tried to date on many occasions but i always got the K.B.

bjkmbbmbmbm

Edited by EdmundH

Knock Back?

Thats it ,mind you it was fifty years ago so i may try again ,who knows my luck may be in this time around:hihi:

In later years the ' Raven' became ' O' Hagan's so I'm guessing it fell victim to Irish theme mania that happened in the 1990s . Another interesting thing about this pub it had a bakery so it was possible to buy a pint and a loaf of bread .

hhgfhflk...

Edited by EdmundH

Guest makapaka

There was another place next door called Tin Pan Alley which did live music and stuff.

A great student pub in the 70`s - I used to walk there and back with my dog from Wisewood - the dog complained about the poor Whitbread beer....

The Raven featured in The Sun once when a regular complained that the landlord had banned him from eating the free pickled eggs. What wasn't included in the story was that the punter would make a pint last for hours while consuming many, many eggs.

When I first came to Sheffield in the 70s I worked as driver's mate whose reaction when I told him I drank there was that he never did as it was dead rough.