New speed camera on Penistone Road?

I know there is a speed camera just before Wickes on Penistone Road on the way to town. But has a new speed camera been installed on Penistone Road on the opposite side too, that is, on the way from town to Hillsborough?

I only ask because lately, I have see many cars consciously trying to drive slower on this stretch, right up to Morrison's - and then speed away.

Speed camera software installed in your vehicle will tell you there is a mobile speed camera site opposite Wickes. I have seen a mobile speed camera van there although not that often.

I have cyclops installed on my phone. Quite accurate with locations and only 2.99 a year.

I know there is a speed camera just before Wickes on Penistone Road on the way to town. But has a new speed camera been installed on Penistone Road on the opposite side too, that is, on the way from town to Hillsborough?

I only ask because lately, I have see many cars consciously trying to drive slower on this stretch, right up to Morrison's - and then speed away.

You never drive the other way to have a look yourself then? ;)

Unless it's been installed over the weekend there is only 1 camera on the side heading into town. No camera on the other side

There was not one installed over the weekend as I went along there on Sat and Sun so no, there is not a new one on there.

I think people perhaps slow down as isnt there a camera sign on that new stretch where the new bus lane has been put in? Certainly no camera though.

I think people perhaps slow down as isnt there a camera sign on that new stretch where the new bus lane has been put in? Certainly no camera though.

Have just been along there to drop the car off for a service. Yes there are a few camera signs on that stretch - a couple which I think are pretty new. As you say, no camera.

Is that dual carriageway still on a 30 zone?

Is that dual carriageway still on a 30 zone?

Yes - still 30 mph.

There isn't a new camera. The only thing I can think of, is that people know that McDonald's is popular with police. And when they park on the front, they have a clear view of the road. There's always at least one or two police cars in it when I go in/past it.

It`s a novel idea/thought but could it be more drivers are now OBEYING the speed limit on this road??:hihi: (taxis excepted)

As soon as people realise there are no cameras on that stretch it will be back up to 35 - 40 for most drivers (outside busy times).

I think some of the signs are pretty new - certainly can't remember seeing the one on the central reservation before today.