Carboot Mega Thread 2016

Welcome to the mega thread 2016.

Please post your carboot sales, either on going or up and coming later in the year and I will add them to this post. I'm going to start this one afresh. (easier that way as I don't know what carboots are on at present with it being winter.) This thread can only work with your help and support on the update of Carboot sales!

REGULAR CARBOOT SALES

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pedlars Corner Community Flea / Carboot @ Abbeydale Picture House in the Sheffield Antiques Quarter is all year round.

1st Sunday of the Month 10-3 - Inside & Out

Dates for 2016

4 Dec

Space Outdoors and limited spaces indoors £10 (Vans £15)

Book Via our Website

Straight to Booking Form

2 Free spots for Charities, Social Enterprises, Schools & Local Groups (please contact 07939 565587 direct to book free spots)

Located at The Abbeydale Picture House 387 Abbeydale Rd, Sheffield, S7 1FS in the heart of the Sheffield Antiques Quarter Entry £1 Kids Free Dogs Welcome OUTSIDE & limited INSIDE stalls & WHATEVER THE WEATHER Great Community Bargain Hunt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VENUE INDOOR CARBOOT MANCHESTER ROAD STOCKSBRIDGE S36 1AJ

0114 2838692

£10 to sell includes table Refreshments and food available

Opens from 9am

3rd Dec

Tesco Extra Savile Street, Carboot

1st Sunday of every month, 8am start, £5.00 per pitch, finish for 12, toilets available from 10:30, Fairly new carboot, underground so keep dry all weathers :) if you require any more information please feel free to email me communitychampionsheffield@yahoo.co.uk

Twin Oaks

Car boot sale Every Saturday and bank holiday mondays traders from 10am public admission from 12.30pm

Just off Jct 29 of the M1

SINGLE CARBOOT SALES

-none pending-

ADDITIONAL INFO:

The Sheffield Markets Page has a Site for a few Carboots/Events: http://sheffieldmarkets.com/markets/other-markets/temporary-markets-fairs-and-car-boot-sales

Edited by Groose

Been told that the boot at Chesterfield Proact Stadium, will definitely go ahead with a low turnout from sellers. Can anyone confirm this??? Really like this boot, really don't like waiting for hours only to be told the boot's off:mad:

Been told that the boot at Chesterfield Proact Stadium, will definitely go ahead with a low turnout from sellers. Can anyone confirm this??? Really like this boot, really don't like waiting for hours only to be told the boot's off:mad:

It was on yesterday, would say between 20-30 traders (if that). Didn't get there until around 9.30 and it was still busy with buyers. Hope this helps.

Hi there, many thanks for the update, heard on the grapevine it went on this week. There was a similar number of sellers a fortnight ago, but at 7.45 we were told the boot was cancelled!! Not best pleased after arriving in the queue at 5.45!!!:( Doncaster car boot/market is a little further to travel, but at least, weather permitting, there isn't a question of being turned back. Really enjoy the Chesterfield boot, as said before, and would hate for it to hit the rocks with all the uncertainty over the winter. If the rumour true, that numbers won't influence whether or not the boot goes on, them I'd travel there every time :D.

Roll on Car Boot season and thank you for the new 2016 thread

lowedges festival sun aug 14th bookings now being taken for 2016,this is a huge event and this area is placed n a prominent position ,unlike most car boot ours start at 12noon to 5pm and allows you a 4x4 metre space and a parking space to the rear of your stall,many share a area due to your allocated area,you can use a tent,gazebo,bring a van or lorry,but all stalls MUST BE PRE-BOOKED and every year we turn away many carbooters for booking to late,so book now or miss out footfall 12-15 thousand average on normal summers day book now via Stephen.rich@hotmail.co.uk

Welcome to the mega thread 2016.

Please post your carboot sales, either on going or up and coming later in the year and I will add them to this post. I'm going to start this one afresh. (easier that way as I don't know what carboots are on at present with it being winter.) This thread can only work with your help and support on the update of Carboot sales!

REGULAR CARBOOT SALES

-Pending-

ADDITIONAL INFO:

The Sheffield Markets Page has a Site for a few Carboots/Events that are not listed here: http://sheffieldmarkets.com/markets/other-markets/temporary-markets-fairs-and-car-boot-sales

I would like to point out that the above "additional information" is not quite correct. The Sheffield Markets web page lists ALL market type events in the Sheffield area which have been issued with a licence from the Council. As the licence is issued, the event is added to the list. The message above appears to mean that there is limited room for events to be listed - this is not the case.

Hopefully the little edit I just did will help with that.

Has anybody been to either oldcoates or keepmoat this year? Desperate to have a clear out.

Has anybody been to either oldcoates or keepmoat this year? Desperate to have a clear out.

Went Sunday, even in the snow people were standing not very big though, hopefully this weekend will be better.

Can I suggest to the moderators that this mega thread is split in two

1. A moderator managed thread that only posts dates and details of car boots

2. Discussion thread for likes of...what's Carboot at hillsborough like?

Or is it any Good? Where is on. Next weekend?

So much of last years thread was lazy people who didn't read the dates posted on 1st page

So for me split into 1 dates and details only and 2 chit chat

Went Sunday, even in the snow people were standing not very big though, hopefully this weekend will be better.

Thanks very much, which one was that? Was many buyers there too?