Maxine Bowler election candidate

I have just received my postal vote papers. I am surprised to see this one name appears in both local and general elections.

Is this a common occurrence? I don't think I have ever seen such a thing before.

Standing as a TUSC candidate in Sheffield Brightside and Hillsborough (GE) and Burngreave (Local), hasnt got a cat in hells chance of winning either so suppose its not hurting anyone.

I heard her on the tubby foster radio show yesterday morning.

She can count on my vote again (unless someone more extreme-left stands for election instead)

In your face, austerity!

The English Democrats seem to be standing in all the parliamentary constituencies in Sheffield. The same bloke is the agent to them all. He's also standing for parliament himself in Barnsley and I bet he'll be standing for the council there too. He must have about a dozen jobs at the moment.

The English Democrats seem to be standing in all the parliamentary constituencies in Sheffield. The same bloke is the agent to them all. He's also standing for parliament himself in Barnsley and I bet he'll be standing for the council there too. He must have about a dozen jobs at the moment.

Well I suspect the only paid work he gets is when he has to turn up to the job centre to sign a bit of paper and probably blames immigration on him not finding a job.

I heard her on the tubby foster radio show yesterday morning.

She can count on my vote again (unless someone more extreme-left stands for election instead)

In your face, austerity!

You don't have any concerns about her having been at the heart of the rape cover-up in the SWP then?

There's actually a few cases of sitting MPs who 'double job' retaining both their council and Westminster seats (Mike Hancock used to all the way from 1997 to 2014).

Elsewhere in Sheffield, Joe Otten is also running for re-election as a councillor for Dore at the same time as being on the parliamentary ballot for Sheffield Central.

Fun fact: There's also nothing preventing someone running for election in more than one constituency at the same time, electoral law only prevents that person from taking up more than one seat (triggering a by-election in one if they won both).

Now that would be an interesting result.

I have just received my postal vote papers. I am surprised to see this one name appears in both local and general elections.

Is this a common occurrence? I don't think I have ever seen such a thing before.

Yes, it's not uncommon for parties other than the big two and LDP.

You don't have any concerns about her having been at the heart of the rape cover-up in the SWP then?

First I've heard of these allegations.

I'll be sure to ask her about when I next see her.

I remember the case in question and I was repulsed by what happened, I'd consequently never have anything to do with the SWP as a result.

I never knew Maxine Bowler was involved in this, can anyone confirm this? I absolutely would not vote for her if this was the case.

I remember the case in question and I was repulsed by what happened, I'd consequently never have anything to do with the SWP as a result.

I never knew Maxine Bowler was involved in this, can anyone confirm this? I absolutely would not vote for her if this was the case.

Yes, if anyone has a link to this case I'd be interested to know more too