TV/TS friendly night-spots, anyone?

Hi everyone,

I know this a question that's probably been asked before but I've done a few searches and can find nothing in the archives....

Can anyone suggest some friendly, safe places for a shy, lonely, single girl to go to make new friends, influence a few people and who knows, maybe even find a companion? Oh yeah, and it would help if they're TV/TS friendly as well as I'm just starting the long road to gender reassignment.

Call me out-of-touch if you like, but that's what I get for being a hermit for the last ten years...

Thanks in advance,

Naomi

xx

Do a search for dempseys, fuel and xs.

That first post took some guts - welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

You could try Club Xes on Carlisle Street, they do a TV/TS night on Fridays, I think its the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Fridays of the month. Which means its on tomorrow night.

http://www.club-xes.com for more details.

Look for the Les Femmes link.

Or check out my site, the link is also there : http://www.sheffieldgayscene.co.uk

Hope that helps, I know they do a night in Doncaster called The Vine, but don`t know any other info soz.

Oh yes :wave: welcome to the Forum :wave:

Naomi! You've come to the Right Place!!!!

South Yorkshire's PREMIER TRANSVESTITE/TRANSGENDER NIGHT is LES FEMMES at Club Xes, 195, Carlisle Street, on the SECOND AND FOURTH FRIDAYS each month.

The next one is TOMORROW NIGHT, FRIDAY 26TH MAY!!!

I'll be there, along with the other two hosts, Tina and Karen, and more than a few other girls.

A small room is available off the main bar/lounge area for getting changed and makeup done (There is a fulllength mirror) for those who can't leave the house fully dressed.

Also, Tomorrow night, as it is the 4th Friday, will be the KAMP CABARET NIGHT at Club Xes, with cabaret entertainment from Myself, Tia-Anna, (now an internationally renown Drag Performer), and my two friends Bambi and Prozzy. There will also be Karaoke (Love it or loathe it, but the punters like it, so who cares)

I'll be arriving sometime after 9PM, when the club opens, and you will recognise me from my avatar pic. is me doing a rendition of christina Aguilera's 'Beautiful' minus my wig.

You can make a real night of it at club Xes, as it is open LATER than ANY OTHER GAY CLUB in Sheffield, until 5 am on a Friday and Saturday; late enough for those relying on Public Transport to get back home on Saturday Morning...

See You there, Naomi, with lots of Love from Tia-Anna, Sheffield's NUMBER 1 Drag Queen!!!!:love:

Oh, and BTW, Naomi, Welcome to the Sheffield Forum!

May I also recommend the UK Angels website for all TV/TS info and help, at: http://www.theangels.co.uk/

I was wanting to PM you more info about the Transgender scene, in privacy, but your PM services, sadly, seems not to be set up as yet at all. It's actually quite easy -just contact the Forum Administrator if you have any problems.

Re. the Vine in Doncaster, if you live in Sheffield, FORGET IT -yes, a few 'girls' go there each week, but more often than not, its only a couple or so, and lately they tend to just meet up at The Vine and travel up to the clubs in Leeds for a night out..!

TVs and TS's are, of course also welcome at Club Xes ANYTIME outside Les Femmes nights.

I found that Xes have also posted new opening times:

9pm until/while late on Wednesday & Thursday;

9pm until/while very, very late Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays!

:love:

Hi everybody, and thanks for the replies. Sounds like there's a pretty limited choice out there at the moment but at least there is a choice.

Sounds like Fuel's a good place to start, or Dempseys, so now all I need to do is get a few friends interested and start going out.

Thanks again guys - hopefully I'll see some of you down there.

Tyranna - I didn't turned the PM on, and I don't care if you have the photos to prove otherwise... But seriously, it should be working now.

Naomi

xx

Hi Naomi,

Welcome to the Forum.

As Tyranna has already mentioned, we do organise a specific CD/TV/TS night every 2nd, 3rd & 4th Friday at Club Xes on Carlisle Street, Sheffield starting around 9pm. The night's not solely for the TG community and everyone else is always very welcome, so there's always a large mix of other customers. At the moment our nights are a bit quiet, but hopefully they'll pick up again. There should be all the information you need to get there on our Les Femmes website if you wanted to join us there ? A search for 'Les Femmes' should find it.

As to other places to go out in Sheffield, as far as I know, no tgirls have had any problems going to either Fuel or Dempsey's in the past. Fuel did have an arrangement allowing tgirls to park around the back, rather than use the main entrance, but I can't remember the details, so you are better emailing them if you wanted to go by car.

The Donny Tgirls night at The Vine in Doncaster, is on the first Friday of the month, 9pm-2am I believe, and the Vine's located on 2 Kelham Street, just this side of Doncaster. I don't know how many girls go, but it does appear to be popular.

Apart from the above, I don't know of anywhere else in South Yorkshire at the moment, but I hope that it helps you.

Take care,

Karen

Hi, Karen,

Nice to see you here. I'm trying hard to spread the word about Les Femmes; it is an ideal meeting place for both old hands like us two and 'new' Girls; a club like Fuel is often very crowded, dark and noisey, though still enjoyable. Club Xes has a pub atmosphere, where 'Girls can sit together in their own 'quiet' corner.

Here's to a great summer at Les Femmes!

Hi Karen, and thanks for the reply. I'll be sure to check XES out one day soon, I promise. x

To everybody else, thanks again for the info. I will be heading down to Fuel next week so I may see you all in there.

Tyranna - I believe we've actually met on one of my very few visits to Climax a few months ago (I told you all I was a hermit - four nights out since Christmas...). Thanks again for the advice.

To those who have sent me a PM, my apologies for not replying but so far this is only my third post on the forum so I can't reply yet. I will reply to all PMs as soon as I've made my next two posts ... Time to go hunting interesting threads, I think.

Anyway, thanks again.

Take care and be well

Naomi

xx

Hi Tia-Anna / Naomi,

Thankyou for the welcome Tia-Anna.

I would've put the Les Femmes link here Naomi, but it seems you have to make 15 posts to put in a url. I hope you have a good night at Fuel, at the moment I believe there are a few things happening there following it's recent refurbishment, so their website might be worth a visit ? (sorry can't put the link in, 13 messages short).

I hope to see you at one of our Les Femmes nights soon.

Take care,

Karen xx