FREE and LEGAL Way to find out who lives where?

So, I entered a competition a few weeks ago which was being run by a company called GameSeek. I won it and was apparently posted out a code for something you cant usually buy- it never arrived and as I felt scammed I told them my frustrations. They sent me, instead as a kind of apology some other limited edition items. They didn't turn up neither so when I told them about it they replied and said that it had been sent to the address in Doncaster that I haven't lived in since December 2010.

I don't understand how they got that address as I never gave it them. I have been to that house once when I lived in Doncaster as I had been sent something from a game publisher and they denied receiving it even though they sent it via recorded delivery:suspect:. So the quicker I can get in touch with these people and let them know that I have proof something else is there then the better it will be. As I no longer live in Doncaster or South Yorkshire I was wondering, is there a way that I can find out who lives at that house and possibly their home phone number using a website for free?

I have visited 192.com and it says I need credits and I don't have any. Plus I need to know who has been registered there between June/July 2011 to now as I believe my ex moved out before May 2011.

Thanks

Edited by SteveQuinn
Made an important part bold.

town hall voter registration is meant to be freely available to anyone who wants to have a look.

I take it you don't live locally enough now to just pop round?

Hey WeX and Leigh, as mentioned above I dont live in that or near that town anymore so thats not an option for me. Thats why I need to do it online really.

Says my location in my profile thing on the left :)

I did notice the location :P

I think, if you can't get to the town hall then the only way to do it legally is with a site like 192.com :(

Someone may just come along who has an account, or, if it is important for you, it might be worth paying for credits, its not that expensive. I don't know how recent the records are though.

You could, possibly, although I have never done it, maybe report them for some sort of crime, since withholding, or opening mail not addressed to you is actually some sort of criminal offence. Do they have any kind of contact details for you at all, from the last time you went round?

I visited 192.com already thats how i know about the credits. I was hoping that by getting their telephone number and calling them would make them actually hold on to it more than just me writing and asking.

I think writing to them and asking them to keep the stuff until I am back there which is next month will be the better option, but I dunno.

have you tired kicking off at the company about sending things to an address you haven't supplied them with though? They may well just resend to your current address?

Well I phoned them and didnt kick off - I hold my temper these days as I think there are lower people to shout at :D

Anyway, I said to them that it wasnt the address I gave them and the chances are I will never see those items unless by some miracle they actually give them to me. I asked how they even got that address in the first place and he said "no idea, I dont usually deal with this"....

Hey WeX and Leigh, as mentioned above I dont live in that or near that town anymore so thats not an option for me. Thats why I need to do it online really.

Says my location in my profile thing on the left :)

Sorry Steve I didn't notice. Try these: http://www.tracingpeopleuk.co.uk/