Your favourite Bob Dylan album.

Never bought a Dylan album till my 48th birthday (51 a couple of days ago) - although well aware of his contribution to music . Since then have been buying up his back catalogue (selectively - but as FOPP sell most of his stuff at £5 a go can't grumble). Enough rambling;

My faves;

Bringing it all back home

Blood on the tracks

Blonde on blonde

Highway 61 (revisited)

Basement Tapes

Has anybody written so much good stuff - and I find most of his observations are still as pertinent today as they were 30 - 40 years ago.

I can remember paying in advance for my copy of 'live at boudokan' and i was'nt dissapointed when i finally got my hands on it.

I still rate it as one of the best live albums ever.

Longcols picked the best ones already! His selections include 4 of the best albums ever made - by any artist (I was never a fan of The Basement tapes though).

Of the lesser known Dylan albums not mentioned so far, I love Self Portrait, Infidels, all the Bootleg Series albums, New Morning, Hard Rain (for the ultimate live version of Idiot Wind) and the Biograph box set.

The Freewheelin' is my favourite Dylan album. Talkin' World War 3 Blues, Girl From The North Country, A Hard Rain's 'A Gonna Fall........ class

street legal is one of bobs underated albums

but as FOPP sell most of his stuff at £5 a go can't grumble)

Too right!! I get all my Dylan stuff from there... Bargain.

In no particular order: The Freewheelin' has some fantastic songs,

"Masters Of War" etc. Blonde and Blonde & Blood On The Track's are also brilliant albums. The guy has wrote a lot of dross, but he's also wrote some of the greatest song's in history.

'The Freewheelin Bob Dylan' is probably my favourite although ALL OF HIS 60s ALBUMS are excellent!

I have GREATEST HITS in Mono and its goregous!!

Like the Op , when I was young I couldn't stand Dylan but with age comes wisdom . Cant comment on the albums as I am more of a greatest hits man

i dont have a favourite as such, just pick and choose his songs, Hurricane is possibly my favourite Dylan song though