ITV's Footballer's Wives

i am both shocked and amazed that in this day and age where we are constantly told we must live with one another in harmony not to descriminate someone because of their colour or nationalitiy etc that ITV1 blatantly is still in the dark ages

the next epsisode of footballers wives was due to show a four second gay sex scene but ITV has made the company behind footballers wive cut the scene due to young viewers watching

now wait a minute clearly the program has at least one straight sex scene every episode therefore im not willing to accept this excuse one bit the full story is here link

please post your views wether you agree or disagree everyone is entitled to their view afterall!

I want to know who they asked in that survey! Most people I know wouldn't have cared if it was shown. The survey is almost implying a national homophobic attitude which I don't think is true.

I had heard about the scene a while ago and was intrigued to see it to be honest. Seeing two men, two women, a man and a woman having sex does not bother me. The fact that they cut a scene featuring two men, one of which is black, is just discrimination, because the other week they showed explicit sex scenes between Tanya and Conrad.

If people think they will be offended by it, then they should not watch it. If people are worried that young children will see it, then we should be questionning why they are allowing their children to watch something on after the watershed. Warnings are often put on before programmes. That's bad parenting imo.

I understand that the scene was part of the story line so I can understand that the makers of footballs wifes must be pretty annoyed.

To say it's about younger viewers is crazy, as Foxx pointed out- it's on after the watershed and they are pretty explicit the rest of the time.

What, do they think younger people don't know about this stuff? More cogently, how is a young gay person growing up supposed to feel knowing that there is still some stigma imposed upon their sexuality?

From my experience, the people who are the most homophobic are usually struggling with some sort of issue themselves.. Personally I don't feel so insecure about myself (well not any more ;) that I'd feel threatened by a gay sex scene, nor any of the issues around it.

Foxx: from what I've seen I can't imagine the makers gave a d*mn; they seem to be having a laugh as it is. Put it this way: I don't think they're losing any sleep about their artistic integrity ;)

Meh, they cut it cos it's not PC.

Stupid chuffing PC brigade and their overzealous morals.

Doesn't sound very PC to me, sounds reactionary.

for gods sake, its offensive not to show it never mind show it. everyone knows that footballers wives is full of sex and sleaze, a reason why most peoiple watch it :P i think its terrible and suprising that theyd cut such a scene.all the old fashioned ppl need to see these sorts of scenes so they can grow up and get real.

IMO Footballer's Wives is such utter bilge, it's offensive to screen the programme in the first place :P

Originally posted by Sidla

IMO Footballer's Wives is such utter bilge, it's offensive to screen the programme in the first place :P

I agree is is utter bilge, but that's why people love it! It's so bad, it's good!