Any ex treeton colliery colleagues

hi i worked at treeton colliery from 1980 until its demise in 1990 when i transferred to rossington on the area salvage team are there any other ex treeton miners using this forum ?

sorry, not treeton mate,i worked at orgrieve, BUT my first job for the ncb was to put up the sign at treeton training school in, i think 1967,it was at the top of the lane that overlooked treeton dyke.

a long time ago, and the only teacher i can recall was the pt instructor,he was viscious

Originally posted by wizzardofODD

hi i worked at treeton colliery from 1980 until its demise in 1990 when i transferred to rossington on the area salvage team are there any other ex treeton miners using this forum ?

Didnt work at Treeton but worked at Fence Workshops for 14-years on reception and the cost office. LEft 2 years after strike.

I worked at Brookhouse from 1977- 1980, did my training at Orgreave though.

thought 1 or 2 of ya wudda been ex-treetonies lol :( , wud luv to catch up with some o the lads , maybe have a nite out

Originally posted by wizzardofODD

my dad was a winder at treeton and brookhouse

never really knew the winders as i worked underground & for the last few yrs of its life treeton was a drift mine & shafts were rarely used by the regular workforce , only maintenance men & a few officials etc

My Dad & Brother worked at Treeton,my Dad worked there for a short time until he was retired on health grounds,my Brother worked there for some time his name is Barrie.

My other half and his Dad both worked at Treeton. They are called Thomson. My B/f would have been there round about the time you were I think

I did my training at Treeton in 1959/60 before starting work at brookhouse.

I have memories of a mate and me spending our bus fares on

fags and having to walk home from Treeton to Beighton, ho happy days:clap: