Anyone who went to shiregreen school from 1960/66

anyone out there who went to school with philip roe he would like to find old school friends

Went through the Infant, Juniors and a couple of years in the Secondary school in the 50's & early 60's. Can vaguely remember a family by that name - long time ago! Head in the secondary was Harold Lamb, can remember loads of staff and kids' names, Houses - Edison, Scott, Nightingale and Wellington, remember the buildings well. Some of the staff included Mr Martyn (TA bloke), Fred Collins (PE), Mr David, Mr Heywood (loved cricket along with Ron Raynor the head of the Juniors), Mr Burgin (woodwork), Miss Scott (art), Mr Broadhead (Deputy and Maths) to name a few. Was this the era Philip Roe was there? Family names - Waltons, Rodgers, Howdens, Sheedy, Nettleship, Scott, Green, Oates, Blenkarn, Raybould, loads more come to mind!

he can remember some of them but cannot remember mr david mr haywood or miss scott some others he remembers are miss mosley, miss crossley, mr huntingdon,miss finch or fincham mr collins left but mr naylor took over from him and mr smith took over as head in the seniors in juniors was mr preastley,mrs hill,mr coomes but not sure which school and mr raynors wife helped out with special reading and spelling classes he did have other brothers and sisters older than him which include peter,clifford,sylviaand elizabeth

I think Mr Heywood joined the school about 1961-2 (taught us Goegraphy), Mr David was English I think - came in '62 - an ethnic minority teacher and real gentleman in a tough school. Miss Scott and a bloke called Terence Lawton (Science) taught in the old timber huts. I think it was Miss Fincham - Possibly a Deputy with responsibility for the girls, Philip's right about Fred Collins moving to Hatfield House Lane and Mr Naylor coming to the school. Mr Collins started and equipped a brill Gym Club before he left. Was a good gymnast himself. Remember a very tall guy who taught French and English - Mr Watkin rings a bell? The Junior's staff included Bernard Priest, Betty Hill - we had her daughter Judith in our class - Norman Coombs took over as Head from Ron Raynor. I'm sure I remember a Roe family now, were they on Honeysuckle / Daffodil / Bluebell Roads?

he said they wasnt wooden huts they were prefabricated and r u getting mixed up with the rose family on honeysuckle he lived on heather road no 5 he can remember joy and kevin rose and some others in the family but cannot remember them

he said they wasnt wooden huts they were prefabricated and r u getting mixed up with the rose family on honeysuckle he lived on heather road no 5 he can remember joy and kevin rose and some others in the family but cannot remember them

Hi again - there were about 5 HORSA huts in a line between the playgrounds and quarry - Concrete block walls, steel windows, pitched asbestos roofs - 2 classrooms in each with connecting toilets / storerooms. They catered for music, woodwork, standard classrooms etc. Above those bordering the girls' playground were 2 or 3 timber huts with pitched felt roofs - 1 an art room (steps up to the entrance), one was the kitchen and one kitted out as a science lab - benches, gas/water/sinks etc. That was Mr Lawton's domain - good teacher - showed how interesting science could be! One example as 11/12 year olds we each made our own thermometer - actually blowing glass with a capillary core to form the 'bulb' - used red dyed water of course rather than mercury!! Perhaps these old huts were domolished soon after I left to go to another school in July, 63? Re the Rose family - yep it's that family I remember but also remember some classmates I think lived on Heather Road - David Green rings a bell - was there also a kid called Grayson - lived opposite the top shop of the 2 on Heather Rd - was 1 called Taylors? The top one may have been run by a Scottish family - Mc .......?? Pretty sure I remember a Roe family as well though - there were Constables, Albert Charlesworth, Woods, Wilkinsons, Widdowsons etc etc. Hope some of these ex-pupils and others get in touch?:)

i went to shiregreen school from nursery through to senior school can you remember sue swift pat hallam marina ogden lindsay myers marie jackson lesley shentall terry wake mick wake marilyn jackson marylyn johnson kath taff to name just a few

most of my family went to this school do u remember the Thomas family at all

anyone out there who went to school with philip roe he would like to find old school friends

Hi I went to Shiregreen high and Philip was in the same class, I left in 1966. I also remember Steven Gill, Laurnce Ashford and Susan Booth. I no longer live in Sheffield but would like to hear from any old friends.

Hi no I went to school with Philip he live on bracken road. He had a I think a cousin called Arnold, but I think he left and went to another school.

i think it is the phillip u metioned he had a cousin called arnold i dont know where they live now not seen them in years i know both parents have passed over now sylvia lives at shiregreen