Worst Bus Route - 1st poll

Please Vote For The Worst Bus Route  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Please Vote For The Worst Bus Route

• 75&76
    • 47&48
    • Other

Guest Guest

And the winner of worse bus route in sheffield go`s to: First Mainline`s 75/76`s

Nick-Named THE TALIBAN EXPRESS by the bus drivers if you look at the crap that try`s to get on at the Market stop to go to Burngreave Rd / Fir Vale the you can see why!.

The route between the Market & Firth Park must have the most rudest people on the planet

Drivers have commented to me that Illegal bin larden person must have a map of the market stop as that is where they all seem to be.

I do know that the service was Reduced in September due to the MAJOR problems with fraud + attacks on drivers, there has been a new fleet of buses put on the route with CCTV camers fitted on them, one driver said it was so when one of our friends at firvale tryed to get on for a mobilty 35p and has lost the will to speak English ( but seems to regain it when the driver charges IT full fare )

then they can catch the person face on CCTV.

PLEASE FILL FREE TO TELL OF YOUR HORROR BUS ROUTE BUT REMEMBER FIRST MAINLINE ONLY PAY DRIVER £165 P/W SO NO HATE STORY`S ABOUT DRIVERS!

Guest Guest

I live at Sheffield Lane Top

I used to catch the 75 or 76 to work when there was the excelent every 5 min combined service, however since they have reduced the service i must agree with the coments above, it has now come to the point where my girlfirend who work`s in Nottingham drops me of at Meadowhall in the car and I come to Sheffield either by train or tram.

I do feel sorry for the bus drivers on the 75&76`s I know they can be gruppy sometimes but look at what they have to put up with, and if they do only get £165-00 i think that First Mainline bosses should be shot!.

Paul Farrell

Sheffield Lane Top

The number 2 circular bus route has a bad reputation for never been on time and if you miss one then you have to wait bloody ages until another one comes along.

Guest Guest

I have to agree with what has been wrote about First Mainline`s 75 and 76 route.

Since the service has been cut down (no fault of the drivers) I either catch the train to Sheffield or catch the service 77 to the bus station.

I do like the service 77 as it can get you into Sheffield in about 20-25 mins if there is no Penistone Rd traffic but I just wish they would run every 15 mins.

Guest Guest

There are 2 issues that I would like to bring up about the route 75+76.

I live at High Greave which is between Ecclesfield and Sheffield Lane Top.

I have to agree on the views that have been wrote about the service since it has been cut-back, I now tend to walk about 1/2 mile to Ecclesfield Village to catch services 53,31,85 or 86 which ever one comes first.

I have also been told by a driver that if we go to war then the 75+76`s are going to be diverted via Shirecliffe and not go between Firth Park and the Markets, if this does happen I can see the 75+76 route become very very poplar.

Originally posted by "Anonymous"

And the winner of worse bus route in sheffield go`s to:

First Mainline`s 75/76`s

Nick-Named THE TALIBAN EXPRESS by the bus drivers if you look at the crap that try`s to get on at the Market stop

to go to Burngreave Rd / Fir Vale the you can see why!.

The route between the Market & Firth Park must have the most rudest people on the planet

Drivers have commented to me that Illegal bin larden person must have a map of the market stop as that is where they all seem to be.

I do know that the service was Reduced in September due to the MAJOR problems with fraud + attacks on drivers, there has been a new fleet of buses put on the route with CCTV camers fitted on them, one driver said it was so when one of our friends at firvale tryed to get on for a mobilty 35p and has lost the will to speak English ( but seems to regain it when the driver charges IT full fare )

PLEASE FILL FREE TO TELL OF YOUR HORROR BUS ROUTE BUT REMEMBER FIRST MAINLINE ONLY PAY DRIVER £165 P/W SO NO HATE STORY`S ABOUT DRIVERS!

Racist eejit.

Guest Guest
Originally posted by "Anonymous"

And the winner of worse bus route in sheffield go`s to:

First Mainline`s 75/76`s

Nick-Named THE TALIBAN EXPRESS by the bus drivers if you look at the crap that try`s to get on at the Market stop

to go to Burngreave Rd / Fir Vale the you can see why!.

Wow. Not laughed so much since three of my family died in a year. Can't I complain about racist bus drivers then? Sorry, they're only on £165 a week...

Guest Guest

I catch either the 75 or 76 from Woodseats to the Northern Gen to work on a Monday-Friday,

I have to say that the coments about the problems between the Market stop and Fir vale are TRUE!

I have never in my life heard such rude people and if Mr or Mrs Anonymous is reading this then i think he or she should learn to say please or thank you.

I know the drivers can be a bunch of a***holes sometimes but you will find that if you use you manners that can be realy nice people.

Guest Guest

I used to catch the 76 Bus from Woodseats to Chapletown.

As for the comments that have already been put up the problems of cut-backs and the problems between the Markets/Wicker and other areas I have to agree with them, however this does not bother me now as I drive to/from work.

SInce moving to Sheffield I have travelled on a total of 4 buses.

Basically cos if it ain't on a tram route I don't go there. There is nothing more annoying that tryin got manouver three kids and a large pushchair and pay for their fairs whilst gormless passengers look on.

The trams are great for getting them all on no messing - however we do have idiots pushchair high jackers who think because they have a pram they have a devine right to the WHOLE tram.

So - I canne comment on the bus route thingy.

As for racist comments - lets see - if there happens to be a large amount of young people in an area and then there is a rise in crime are we not allowed to comment???? Or is it just the fact they are of a particular race that is getting your backs up???

Heavens forbid we actually let our voices be heard *gasp* how policitcally incorrect would that be. GET OVER IT! Preach to me about intolerance if you dare!

Moon Maiden

Guest Guest

My boyfriend used to work for First Mainline on the route 75 and 76.

After Mr Tax Man had finished he came home with

£157-00 for a 40-44 hour week

He left the job after only 6 weeks due to the low wages

(Lowest bus drivers pay in uk) and due to the comment that have already been said about the area from the Markets to Firvale/FirthPark.