Small energy companies ?

I'm currently with British Gas and my contract is up end of March.

I am not renewing it and would like to move elsewhere but not with the big 6.

I hear a lot about small companies that people are with these days and one I can recall is Bulb.

I have no idea about any of these smaller names and would hope that someone on here can enlighten me what is available and what the difference is between them and the rip off big 6

Good evening. I moved to Bulb in early January, they supply renewable energy on one fixed price tarif. Was previously with N Power and had my bill cut by bulb to the sum of £36 a month. I used my previous bills to work out how much energy we had used for the previous year. The switch was extremely straight forward I sent my meter readings to them on the day requested and they did everything else including notifying n power. If I recommend new customers they will get £50 credited to their account and so will I. If you wish to go with bulb my link is here. No obligation but you will get the credit straight to your new account. https://bulb.co.uk/refer/jeanette7864

Fabgirl.

We changed from NPower to Ovo a few years ago and never had a single problem and I feel all the bills have been very fair and consistent. I pay by direct debit every month and any money left over each month earns 5% interest-that’s better than and bank/ISA etc I know of. They are also a UK based company who are easy to contact and I’ve always got through to speak to someone within in a couple of minutes, none of this being transferred from department to department and struggling to understand someone who is actually sat thousands of miles away. I’d definitely recommend them.

I’m going to move from First Utility in April as they got silly with the billing, Uswitch points towards EDF based on my usage.

Tonik Energy are the recipients of my business for this years contract.

There's some blurb about renewable and green energy too but its the bottom line, below, that is very convincing.

My mate and I await the £20 amazon voucher (each) this week.

It was £100+ cheaper than E-on too.

Edited by Flanker7

There was an article in the DM the other day wrt small energy suppliers.

Some have gone broke and customers have been placed with other companies by ofgen.

Be careful of those that ask for money upfront and do research on their relyability