Prague price food and drinks

Does anyone know what the prices are like in Prague for food and drink??

Does anyone know what the prices are like in Prague for food and drink??

Loads of people I should think.

On the main strip it is expensive as its geared towards stag, hen parties and is a bit mad. On the back streets it is very cheap and was paying about a pound a pint and food was chesp too. It depends on what you are looking to do really ?

In a lot of restaurants,they do a cheaper dinner time set menu than in the evenings,but it's not an expensive place anyway.Usually I snack and walk around,and a good way is to go to a big supermarket and get pastries and breads from their take out,dirt cheap and very tasty.

Loads of people I should think.

Sarcasm lowest form of wit. No need for it. :suspect:

I shopped at Lidl, here is a good guide to prices, https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/prague?currency=GBP

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 18:30 ----------

Trams, buses and the underground are cheap, and there is a terminal for all of them at the airport, so do a bit of research and save on the 700 crz (crowns) a taxi will cost you.

Sarcasm lowest form of wit. No need for it. :suspect:

...or to give the ACTUAL quote: "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence".

Just saying!

...or to give the ACTUAL quote: "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence".

Just saying!

I didn't thnk your remark to the poster was intelligent, just rude. The poster was only asking a civil question.

I haven't been, but it will be like everywhere - the more touristy areas, the more expensive.

There are some good guides on youtube for Prague and many of them cover eating and drinking recommendations, I took a look at a few before I went, you have a great variety of places to choose from to eat and drink that will suit various budgets, avoid the tourist traps, there are some guides on those too.

Try the open sandwiches which are very cheap and available in the many bakeries or supermarkets, known as Klebicek or Klebicky.

Beware in the restaurants. There is usually a rack with bread on the table when you sit down. If you do not want any ask them to take it away as it is charged for, even if you do not eat it. Other than that we found prices to be reasonable.

The Old Town Square and Karlova (the road that links the square with Charles Bridge) can be pricey, and generally they are where you'll find the tourist scams, but you don't need to wander very far to find beers at around a pound and main meals for 4-5 quid. All bars and restaurants are required to have their prices on display outside, and even some places that you'd think might be tourist prices (Kampa Island perhaps, or the road up to the Castle) aren't excessive. If you want cheap and dirty authentic, that hasn't changed for decades, try the Rudolfina or the Rotundy pubs. U Zlateho Tygra is also very unchanged and cheap but hard work to find a space within about 10 mins of it opening.

Enjoy!