How do you wake up in the morning.

My wake up call in the morning is usually a dig in the nicky nacky noos followed by the loving words ,"have we run out of tea bags or summat"

But it appears that our good Queen Lizz has the ultimate of ultimate's in early morning calls.

A Scottish piper pumps up his bag at precisely 9am and gives a good redering of Scotland the Brave for precisely 15 mins .

The piper who performs this morning task is interviewed and specially chosen by our Monarch to make sure that he is up for it .

My wake up call in the morning is usually a dig in the nicky nacky noos followed by the loving words ,"have we run out of tea bags or summat"

But it appears that our good Queen Lizz has the ultimate of ultimate's in early morning calls.

A Scottish piper pumps up his bag at precisely 9am and gives a good redering of Scotland the Brave for precisely 15 mins .

The piper who performs this morning task is interviewed and specially chosen by our Monarch to make sure that he is up for it .

If a Scottish piper walked in my bedroom and started doing that he would get his bagpipes stuffed where the sun doesn't shine.

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 08:47 ----------

The queens lucky that her morning starts at 9.00 am,mine starts 3 hours earlier with a mumble and the occasional fart.

If a Scottish piper walked in my bedroom and started doing that he would get his bagpipes stuffed where the sun doesn't shine.

And rightly so.

It reminds me of the knocker ups that would roam the streets at 4am in mining areas .

Tapping on the back to back terrace bedroom windows with a long pole to make sure that the miners donned their clogs and skitled off to the pit four miles away .

When they reached the pit they faced another 4 mile walk in the Earths bowels to reach the coyle face by 5am.

By 9 o clock they had shifted 5 ton of coyle ,at the same time the Dukes of Welbeck or other stately homes who owned the pits (who were related to the Royal Family) would be summoning the maid to puff up their pillow and serve them breakfast in bed.

Edited by Albert smith

It reminds me of the knocker ups that would roam the streets at 4am in mining areas .

Tapping on the back to back terrace bedroom windows with a long pole to make sure that the miners donned their clogs and skitled off to the pit four miles away .

When they reached the pit they faced another 4 mile walk in the Earths bowels to reach the coyle face by 5am.

By 9 o clock they had shifted 5 ton of coyle ,at the same time the Dukes of Welbeck or other stately homes (who were related to the Royal Family) would be summoning the maid to puff up their pillow and serve them breakfast in bed.

Us and Them. Always was and unless there is some kind of a revolution, always will be.

Angel1.

So far just being content to be alive, as for Lizz and her piper, this sort of out dated idiocy is one of the resons why I am an avowed republican.

So far just being content to be alive, as for Lizz and her piper, this sort of out dated idiocy is one of the resons why I am an avowed republican.

I just wonder, what does the Piper do for the rest of the day after waking Lizzie up. Sounds like quite a good gig to me.

Angel1

I like the idea of being woken up in the morning by a bagpipe playing out a lovely traditional tune..

My current wake up call is the sound of my partners bowl movements....

Edited by Chelle-82

I like the idea of being woken up in the morning by a bagpipe playing out a lovely traditional tune..

My current wake up call is the sound of my partners bowl movements....

What, when he"s getting breakfast for you. or is it the rice crispies going snap crackle and pop.

What, when he"s getting breakfast for you. or is it the rice crispies going snap crackle and pop.

Hahahaa :hihi:

BOWEL :hihi::hihi:

I have a **** that crows.

ETA haha to the sweary filter. I bet I can say cockerel