Your thoughts on bus etiquette?

Move or Stay?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Move or Stay?

• Move
    • Stay

Dear people of Sheffield, I'm just wondering what you think, as I can't make up my mind d on the subject. If you're on a packed bus, sitting beside a stranger and a seat becomes available, is it more rude to move, or to stay where you are?

I move, i feel awkward sat next to a stranger, or a stranger sits next to me, might just be me, others might feel the same.

sod bus ettiquate lol

I always find this situation a bit weird! I stay even tho i find it a bit uncomfortable. I think it would appear rude to move. (I'm not sure why!)

Ah, yea, that part doesn't particularly bother me you see, I don't mind, I'll sit beside or talk to anyone, as long as they don't stink, which is why I only ask about etiquette, as I'm happy for the other person to stay/don't mind staying, just trying to think of the other person. But I also wonder if moving away would be rude, as if you're suggesting they smell, or there's some reason why it is abhorrent to be sat with the person you've just moved away from.

I'd stay put. In situations on a bus where people move to another available free seat, I used to think 'is it because I smell' ;)

I would rather get off a bus than sit against a woman with bare arms, that's the type of man I am.

I move, i feel awkward sat next to a stranger, or a stranger sits next to me, might just be me, others might feel the same.

sod bus ettiquate lol

weirdo:roll: whats wrong with strangers?

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 17:10 ----------

I would rather get off a bus than sit against a woman with bare arms, that's the type of man I am.

yes you may be accused of indecent contact?

I'd stay put. In situations on a bus where people move to another available free seat, I used to think 'is it because I smell' ;)

whats wrong with strangers?

My thoughts exactly, yet, as seen, others think the opposite, that's why this issue confuses me.

Strangers are usually just friends you haven't met. Perhaps that's a little naive of me, as some turn out to be ass hats, but I prefer to look positively on these issues. The alternative is to think of everyone as a potential douche bag and become an emo... And no one wants that.

I dont mind who i sit next too on a bus,preferably an attractive female :hihi:but it doesn't bother me.I worry a bit when the bus weirdo gets on when you can see everybody squirming and you are hoping they dont pick you.

I usually stay where I am and ask if they are OK and tell them how I can pick up on signals they are giving out about their mental health state

I will refer relevant neurological problems (such as being daft enough to eat from Subway) and tell them all about my recent relationships.

They soon move!

Should you...

A: Do whatever you feel you want to do, and not give a **** what people thing.

B: Do what you feel is expected of you, so as to avoid the possibility of offending someone.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 19:41 ----------

I usually stay where I am and ask if they are OK and tell them how I can pick up on signals they are giving out about their mental health state

I will refer relevant neurological problems (such as being daft enough to eat from Subway) and tell them all about my recent relationships.

They soon move!

Hahahahahaha.

I stay put. Moving will only mean that another passenger boarding will eventually sit next to you again and fill that vacant seat.