R.i.p John mahoney

Actor John Mahoney has died aged 77. Best known for playing the father in frasier

Superb actor. Love it when he was smarter than his two sons in Frasier. I never knew he was a Northern lad though, born in Blackpool.

Very sad news, my fave show and watch it still.

RIP Marty.

Frasier is my very favourite comedy show, superb script and excellent actors, Martin and Eddie were a delight to watch. RIP

Frasier is my very favourite comedy show, superb script and excellent actors, Martin and Eddie were a delight to watch. RIP

Also my favourite show. The acting was superb.

I have only ever liked two American comedies, Frasier and Married with Children, don't think the latter was shown much in the UK. All three main characters in Frasier were great, particularly the old man. RIP Mr Mahoney.

Two of the five main character actors were born in England, John Mahoney (Lancashire) and Jane Leeves (Essex) despite her 'Manchester' accent.

Edited by stpetre
add

This is very sad indeed. John Mahoney was a fine actor who helped to make Frasier such a work of genius. A kind man too, much loved by his peers. Read this tribute by the Frasier and Cheers screenwriter Ken Levine.

Watch this. Preferably the whole thing, but skip to 17 minutes in for one of best scenes in the show.

RIP, Marty.

This is very sad indeed. John Mahoney was a fine actor who helped to make Frasier such a work of genius. A kind man too, much loved by his peers. Read this tribute by the Frasier and Cheers screenwriter Ken Levine.

Watch this. Preferably the whole thing, but skip to 17 minutes in for one of best scenes in the show.

RIP, Marty.

Ha ha ha! very funny.Great show. RIP.