Macdonalds strike.

Hope Ronald Macdondald fairs better than Arthur Scargill. :hihi:

sack them immediately, plenty more to take their place! £10 ph for a burger flipper ridiculous.

sack them immediately, plenty more to take their place! £10 ph for a burger flipper ridiculous.

Have you ever 'flipped a burger'?

Once upon a time, if there was a nasty job (bin-men come to mind), then you got decent pay for it, just because it was a nasty job. But min wage put paid to that.

Have you ever 'flipped a burger'?

Once upon a time, if there was a nasty job (bin-men come to mind), then you got decent pay for it, just because it was a nasty job. But min wage put paid to that.

Do you think this job https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1521390 is harder than flipping burgers at Macdonalds? Any kithcen work is hard work, but its not £10 an hour work.

Do you think this job https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1521390 is harder than flipping burgers at Macdonalds? Any kithcen work is hard work, but its not £10 an hour work.

It will be if Jeremy Corbyn has his way...But he might change his mind.....

On the rare occasions I find myself in McD's, I mostly see people running about in the kitchens like headless chickens...So it might not be technically difficult, but it does seem highly pressured...

I'm not clear on your point in regard to job link you gave. At least it's not a min wage start figure.

I tend to agree with you.... I"ve flipped many a burger at B.B.Q. easy.

It will be if Jeremy Corbyn has his way...But he might change his mind.....

On the rare occasions I find myself in McD's, I mostly see people running about in the kitchens like headless chickens...So it might not be technically difficult, but it does seem highly pressured...

I'm not clear on your point in regard to job link you gave. At least it's not a min wage start figure.

In most kitchens there are people running around - you just dont see it. They dont all get £10 an hour.

In most kitchens there are people running around - you just dont see it. They dont all get £10 an hour.

Would you be happy to do it for min wage?...Especially if you're only 17, you get even less then...

Person see's job advertised.

Person goes to the interview.

Person is fully aware of the salary on offer.

Person goes on strike because he does not like the salary s/he has agreed to work for.

If you don't like the job fine, find another job, if you don't like the salary don't take the job in the first place or find another job. Also afaik McDonalds are brilliant at looking after their staff and moving people up to management and more senior roles. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Person see's job advertised.

Person goes to the interview.

Person is fully aware of the salary on offer.

Person goes on strike because he does not like the salary s/he has agreed to work for.

If you don't like the job fine, find another job, if you don't like the salary don't take the job in the first place or find another job. Also afaik McDonalds are brilliant at looking after their staff and moving people up to management and more senior roles. Everyone has to start somewhere.

So every strike about pay there has ever been in the history of trade unionism was wrong?...Just go find another job?

Would you be happy to do it for min wage?...Especially if you're only 17, you get even less then...

Have done - I worked in a kitchen for £2.32 an hour - when £2.32 was still sod all! So yes, I'd do it for minimum wage, certainly, as another poster pointed out, Macdonalds generally look after their staff. If youre paying someone ot work at Macdonalds £10 p/h, Care Workers need at least £12 p/h (and I wouldnt do that job for double that!).

---------- Post added 04-09-2017 at 15:39 ----------

So every strike about pay there has ever been in the history of trade unionism was wrong?...Just go find another job?

Macdonalds themeselves are claiming it isnt about pay.....