"Celebrity" Speaking Parking Meters In Sheffield!

Check this out - Do you think it will make any difference?

How awful having to live like that, very sad!

How much money has been wasted on this silly idea?

Yes, I bet there's loads of people just waiting to get all six collected. Can you swop a Michael Caine for 6 Rolf Harris's.

Its really going to drive home the messages if David Beckham is telling you what to do.

Yes, I bet there's loads of people just waiting to get all six collected. Can you swop a Michael Caine for 6 Rolf Harris's.

Its really going to drive home the messages if David Beckham is telling you what to do.

Kids trying to get their skull-sculptured to the shape of a parking meter?

hehe this is well funny!

has anyone actually heard them yet??

How much money has been wasted on this silly idea?

Considering the huge amount of revenue the City 'two clowns short of a circus' Council now makes since taking over issuing parking fines, I imagine they have plenty left over to waste on such ludicrous projects (rather than general road maintenance). :rant:

I've heard them, and they're embarrassingly bad.

They is one at the bottom of the moor. It gave me a shock when I first heard it but I think it is funny. I thought I had done something wrong when it started ****ing. But no I don't think it will make much differance.

Heard it on the news, what a complete waste of everyone's money! Apart from anything else, who is going to stand and listen to it? Lets face it, you get your ticket and you're gone ...

Would much rather see the money spent on something worthwhile but that doesn't often happen so why should the council planners change the habit of a lifetime?

"Superintendent Mick Webster of South Yorkshire Police said the idea to have celebrity voice-overs came about after early ****ing messages were deemed too boring."

If Superintendent Mick Webster deems David Beckham and Jeremy Clarkson to be anything other than boring, he needs to get out more :hihi:

Edit - what is it about the word 't a l k' that our robotic moderator finds offensive ??

There's one in a carpark near Sheffield Hallam. It didn't make me want to 'collect' the rest - it DID make me wonder why I was being patronised in this way....