Postman and rubber bands.

The postman round here only leaves boring brown rubber bands but for some unknown rreason I still have to pick them up and then put them with the growing collection in my junk drawer. I do find uses for them sometimes but seem to have slightly more than I know what to do with at the moment.

Yep I haven't had to but an elastic band for 2 years thanks to my postie! During this Credit Crunch I don't see it as a bad thing. :-)

The post office moved to red rubberbands a couple of years ago after a campaign about postmen dropping bands. The red bands are more bio-degradable than the old brown ones and also it's obvious who's dropped them when you complain. Do complain to your local sorting office, they should take action if regular complaints are made.

The brown bands do appear occasionally, mainly on pre-sorted mail from outside companies and they find their way into the system.

As a postman i use bands on a daily basis, they are a tool of the job and should always be kept, i place them on my wrist until i get a few and then bag them. I drop very few but it does happen and if i spot any on the ground the following day i pick them up.

Can't remember the last time I bought any rubber bands, if ever I need one I just walk outside and pick one up off the street.

i love rubber bands... when i was a TEEN i chewed them ..CRAZY OR WHOT ...xx

...................... Do complain to your local sorting office, they should take action if regular complaints are made.

Would be better complaining to your local delivery office as the sorting office doesnt have any delivery postmen

I am sick of rubber bands on letters - whats the point? - they've all got to go in your letterbox anyway!

We regularly get them on our drive and even on our doorstep. I came home one day to find my cat chewing on one!

They do!!!!! Even though they are told not to by the boss, so what can you do? I go round picking them up all the time, as they are dangerous to domestic animals as well as wild ones.

I am sick of rubber bands on letters - whats the point? - they've all got to go in your letterbox anyway!

The point is, they are a vital part when sorting your mail, otherwise your mail would take longer to sort and could end up going to the wrong address!!

Ey!!!! But WHY chuck em on the floor????? Your supposed to put them in your bag and use them again. Being red they are easily seen and the postman obviously get's the blame as there's only postmen that use them. No escaping the blame here..lol

We regularly get them on our drive and even on our doorstep. I came home one day to find my cat chewing on one!

lol our cats play with them too! hours of fun