The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It has very definitely been explained to you more than once that the approximately 52% of those that voted who chose leave is not the same as 52% of the population. Your continued adherence to this line of falsehood proves that you are a very deliberate liar. It is also another good demonstration of how Brexit campaigners and voters have tended to the twisting of information to tell lies to sell their argument.

When I mentioned "more than half the country" in my previous post I was referring to those people who were eligible to vote and did indeed vote to Leave in the June 2016 referendum. I didn't believe that it would require any further explanation that I meant more than half of the electorate who voted as I foolishly presumed that I was communicating with politically aware adults. My mistake.

The majority of the population voted to Leave. I do not include those who didn't, or couldn't vote, in that statement. Why would I?

I will be clear that 52% of those who voted leave does mean the referendum resulted in a democratically determined choice to leave, but your continued suggestion that this means a majority of the population voted to leave is incorrect, you know this is true, please stop telling lies, it only undermines the basis of anything else you claim and renders the debate with you pointless.

A majority of the voting population did indeed vote to Leave. When it comes to elections or referenda, this is the only population that counts. Why you are so concerned about those who decided not to exercise their right to vote, or were ineligible, is unclear. 52 per cent of voters backed Leave, a majority of the voting population.

When we discuss a majority of the population voting, we are in fact discussing a turnout of the electorate. It's not rocket science!

With regards the issue of threatening of psychological identity, I was very disappointed by the result, but far more horrified by the reasoning and adherence to the lies and half truths shown by those who voted for it, especially in the face of overwhelming data that demonstrated that most of the myths stated around the EU are just that, - Myths. I think the leave vote has a far bigger problem with its identity, - the lack of willingness to accept that most of what they believed to be true is in fact a pack of lies.

I was truly horrified by the deliberate lies and attempts to frighten people into voting Remain at the referendum by the use of distortion and 'doomsday' scenarios.

What I have found when discussing the result with Remainers is the idea that they are an empathetic bunch who clearly understand what is best for people. Sadly, I suspect that their empathy stretches no further than their front door.

Edited by Car Boot

Maybe we should be asking you and others on here where your loyalty to the UK lies, it seems you cant wait for it to fail.

You answer it,why would Brexiters want UK business and people to suffer financial consequences for the sake of Brexit?.........Why are the UK government giving work to French companies instead of UK companies and so causing investors and backers of that UK business to suffer financial consequences.

Yes fair enough, I suppose that all ineligible and none voters were remainers. We all know that the poster meant eligible.

No we don't. since it affects everyone - espiaclly affecting those not yet old enough to vote when he says the "entire" country I think it's reasonable to include all those unable to vote in that.

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 13:49 ----------

When I mentioned "more than half the country" in my previous post I was referring to those people who were eligible to vote and did indeed vote to Leave in the June 2016 referendum.

Ah - goalposts moving much..... :roll:

What I have found when discussing the result with Remainers is the idea that they are an empathetic bunch who clearly understand what is best for people. Sadly, I suspect that their empathy stretches no further than their front door.

Shouldn't that be wallet or maybe bank balance?

Ah... Yes!

I reckon if someone posted that they had been best mates with Jimmy Savile and voted in favour of Brexit, they would receive more insults and abuse for the latter than the former. Get over yourselves remainers, you lost the vote, believe that we will stay in the EU if you must, it’s not quite a free country, but is heading that way.

Considering one of the many promises made by leavers during the referendum was that their wallets and bank balances would be far better off, you have to laugh at the irony ;)

those people who were eligible to vote and did indeed vote to leave in the june 2016 referendum.

Not true. Those eligible to vote and voted leave was 38%

the majority of the population voted to leave.

Again not true. Those who voted to leave as a percentage of the population was 26%

a majority of the voting population did indeed vote to leave.

And again not true. As above, those in the voting population who voted leave was 38%

None of the above figures even reach 40% never mind above 50% which is what is generally accepted as being the majority.

So even by your own revised statement, the majority did not by any stretch of the imagination vote to leave.

Trying to claim that Brexit is 'the will of the people' is complete nonsense, whichever way you look at it.

No we don't. since it affects everyone - espiaclly affecting those not yet old enough to vote when he says the "entire" country I think it's reasonable to include all those unable to vote in that.

---------- Post added 22-03-2018 at 13:49 ----------

Ah - goalposts moving much..... :roll:

When any newsreader announces that "the country has gone to the polls"' at the end of a general election or referendum campaign he or she doesn't actually mean that every living soul in the population has gone out and voted, including children and babies!

In the early hours of June 24, 2016 the BBC broadcaster David Dimbleby watching the results coming in from the EU referendum, stated:

“The people of Britain have spoken. We are out of the EU.”

Did he mean just the electorate who had voted in the referendum had spoken? Or was he referring to the entire people of Britain - including those not yet old enough to vote?

Remainers seem almost entirely devoid of common sense on this issue.

Not true. Those eligible to vote and voted leave was 38%

Again not true. Those who voted to leave as a percentage of the population was 26%

And again not true. As above, those in the voting population who voted leave was 38%

None of the above figures even reach 40% never mind above 50% which is what is generally accepted as being the majority.

So even by your own revised statement, the majority did not by any stretch of the imagination vote to leave.

Trying to claim that Brexit is 'the will of the people' is complete nonsense, whichever way you look at it.

Brexit voters won because more people voted to leave then to remain, what part of that do you not comprehend?

Playing about with figures makes naff all difference, the journey is set and it may be rocky along the way but a stiff upper lip and determination will see us through! :D

Why?

the cohort specified was "half the country" not "half of those registered to vote"

When you hear or read that the 'country has gone to the polls', or 'the country has spoken', in reference to elections or referenda, do you literally believe that every single individual (including babies) has gone out to vote?

Or could it be that what is actually meant is that those who are eligible to vote (and could be bothered to do so) have voted? And not the literal country or even half the literal country?

Think about it.

Considering one of the many promises made by leavers during the referendum was that their wallets and bank balances would be far better off, you have to laugh at the irony ;)

Are you sure about that? as I can see no reference to it in the campaign literature.