The Abbey at Woodseats about to take a turn for the worse

Unfortunately it's people like you that sit at home with their supermarket beer and virtual face-ache friends that are killing off pubs and destroying communities in this country.

I disagree. Its the greed of the pubco's who dare to charge such a high price which are killing the pubs.

If also can charge £1.19 and make a profit how the heck can you persuade people to pay over x3.5 times MORE for a similar drink. I appreciate there are extra costs in running a pub with staff and distribution but that gap is too large and people are voting with their feet.

Just been past closed again.

The Abbey posted on their facebook page the other day that punch taverns had sold The Abbey. All the paper work hadn't been signed off though so they couldn't announce who the new owner/manager was. It was due to re-open yesterday. not sure if it did re-open because I haven't been past recently.

heres hoping whoever has taken it has a good crack at it and makes it work.

Anyone heard owt?

I disagree. Its the greed of the pubco's who dare to charge such a high price which are killing the pubs.

If also can charge £1.19 and make a profit how the heck can you persuade people to pay over x3.5 times MORE for a similar drink. I appreciate there are extra costs in running a pub with staff and distribution but that gap is too large and people are voting with their feet.

I totally agree, I was very loyal to my local, until it stopped being loyal to me. A succession of waste of space managers followed a top class landlord. Crap service, expensive poor quality beer, and a near empty pub, it’s now been converted to flats.

I’m enjoying a supermarket bottle of bitter as I write this post. :thumbsup:

Was open last night.

Calahonda - why not find another local? There are lots of nice pubs out there and quite a few have top notch managers

trouble is nowadays there is no incentive for a manger or a tenant, pubcos too greedy and will put just about any kid with a degree in as a manager no experience and no idea.

trouble is nowadays there is no incentive for a manger or a tenant, pubcos too greedy and will put just about any kid with a degree in as a manager no experience and no idea.

People in the South Yorkshire area expect the worlds best beers at Wetherspoons prices.

Apparently the Abbey Pub business has been bought by a Person that runs a small chain of pubs. I think most of his other business is in the Barnsley Area.

From what I heard Punch Taverns are still owners of the Building.

---------- Post added 26-03-2018 at 21:10 ----------

Just been past tonight and the notice on the windows says closed for "Redecorating" but opening on Friday 30th March.

It's all in darkness despite the Pub lights on the front Façade being lit.

I would also like to add that I haven't been in the Abbey much since it reopened last year. My friends and I like a good choice of real ales and while they usually have 4 hand pumps of ale, they are all the same kind of style. Light Ale. A pretty pointless selection as there is not much to choose between them.

Price is not an issue for us it is the lack of choice.

Edited by muddycoffee

People in the South Yorkshire area expect the worlds best beers at Wetherspoons prices.

Strongly disagree with that, don't judge us all the same.

Says closed for refurbishment but open again on the 30th must be a some re fit that lol

Another pub snob?