Daniel Doncasters

Anyone work at Daniel Doncaters from 1966 to 1986 and may have known my dad CLIFFORD CLOVER or even his dad George Clover.

my brother in law worked there about this time George Sheldon he was deaf and dumb, also Len Crawshaw.

The only thing I know about Daniel Doncasters is that we had an insurance scheme for their employees giving them a staff discount. This was with Eagle Star and one of our inspectors would base himself there for one afternoon a week to deal with enquiries. It was a very successful relationship for both parties. This would be in the early 70s when I was at the Westbourne Road office of Eagle Star.

I served my apprenticeship at Doncaster's from 1964 to 1969. I worked there until 1980. I was in the Die Shop most of the time. I am afraid I don't know any of the names mentioned. Enjoyed my time there before coming to Canada.

Anyone remember Tim Young who worked there around that time ? he moved there from the Testing Works on Blonk Street

Knew Tim Young my uncle Tom Grattan also worked at Daniel Doncaster's they were good pals

I spent a few months in the 1500 ton Press shop

I served my apprenticeship at Doncaster's from 1964 to 1969. I worked there until 1980. I was in the Die Shop most of the time. I am afraid I don't know any of the names mentioned. Enjoyed my time there before coming to Canada.

Hi Unwind

You must have known Frank (Hank) Handley. He went to Doncaster's from the ESC die shop around 1960/61. Hank taught me how to work the Cincinatti Hydrotel milling machine when I was an apprentice. He was a nice guy.

Cheers

wombatc

Had two mates who started there in the '60s: Michael Ormiston and Richard Crookes.

echo.

Hi Unwind

You must have known Frank (Hank) Handley. He went to Doncaster's from the ESC die shop around 1960/61. Hank taught me how to work the Cincinatti Hydrotel milling machine when I was an apprentice. He was a nice guy.

Cheers

wombatc

Hi wombatc,

Yes I remember Frank Handley. As you say he was a great guy. We worked the same shift for a number of years. There were a few other guys came from ESC. their names slip my memory at the moment.

unwind

Hi wombatc,

Yes I remember Frank Handley. As you say he was a great guy. We worked the same shift for a number of years. There were a few other guys came from ESC. their names slip my memory at the moment.

unwind

Hi Unwind

Yes there were quite a few guys moved from ESC to DD in the early '60's. In fact I wanted to go myself in '64 but I was told there was an understanding in place between the two companies that DD's would not take any more people from the ESC. That is what prompted my wife and I to up stumps in '66 and come to Australia.

Regards

Had two mates who started there in the '60s: Michael Ormiston and Richard Crookes.

echo.

I remember Mike Ormiston. Manager of the big press shop