Firth park pond

can you remember if your boat got stuck in the middle how you spent ages throwing stones at it to get it moving again and worrying how you would get it back before you realised it was only about knee deep. Or was it just me what was thick

can you remember if your boat got stuck in the middle how you spent ages throwing stones at it to get it moving again and worrying how you would get it back before you realised it was only about knee deep. Or was it just me what was thick

I used to send my dog in for it but unfortunately he would get the first boat he came to which was not always mine.

On 22/09/2016 at 13:19, francypants said:

Spent many happy hours there when I was little, I once pushed my older cousin in ! :hihi: We always knew it as the duck pond.

Just had to check, can't catch you out.

My Grandma told me that a little boy drowned in this lake and that's why they drained it, not sure if that's true or not.

On 20/11/2022 at 20:44, Ann Nicholson said:

Does anybody remember Roe Wood 7 ponds for fishing

Yes, the ponds were actually amongst the allotments. I used to take my home made rod there circa 1958. As has been said, although they were known as the seven ponds, I don’t remember there being more than five.