Ambulance crew upset by note, note writer arrested

Stupid, selfish woman!

Notice how she put van and not ambulance?! She probably couldnt spell it..

She was probably looking at the front of the vehicle , where AMBULANCE is spelt as a mirror image lol :confused:

Well shes also been charged with a Section 5 Public Order Offence plus breaching a Restraining Order, but Im not sure if both these offences occurred during the original incident or when the Police approached her about it.

The restraining order was due to previous she'd had with her neighbours, coincidentally (or not) the very ones that were receiving help from the ambulance crew.

They saved the note, turned it over to a superior, who then tweeted it. They may as well have called the police. In fact, tweeting it was a genius move on their part.

The note writer may have deserved a visit from police officers who would have spoken to her about her uncalled for behavior. But then the police in England don't seem very scary, so maybe that wouldn't have had the desired effect. I can say that the police where I live would have put the fear of God into her without raising their voices.

We probably don't know the whole story, and apparently she has mental issues so I'm sure there's more to it. Arresting someone over a mean spirited note just seems a waste of police resources and a bit over the top to me.

Yeah, they probably would have shot her.

They saved the note, turned it over to a superior, who then tweeted it. They may as well have called the police. In fact, tweeting it was a genius move on their part.

The note writer may have deserved a visit from police officers who would have spoken to her about her uncalled for behavior. But then the police in England don't seem very scary, so maybe that wouldn't have had the desired effect. I can say that the police where I live would have put the fear of God into her without raising their voices.

We probably don't know the whole story, and apparently she has mental issues so I'm sure there's more to it. Arresting someone over a mean spirited note just seems a waste of police resources and a bit over the top to me.

The police are not here to ‘put the fear of god’ in to people, neither are they meant to be scary.

Our officers are approachable and have a genuine desire to help folk. Despite that they can be robust when required.

Who expects to pay their tax for a police service that is putting the fear of god in to the people it serves?

yeah, they probably would have shot her.

??????????

They wouldn't have dealt with this at all, except to come around, bang on the door and tell her to knock her crap off.

And how exactly, does an unarmed young woman, who I presume is living alone (what with her sparkling personality and all) terrorize an entire street? :confused:

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 20:55 ----------

The police are not here to ‘put the fear of god’ in to people, neither are they meant to be scary.

Our officers are approachable and have a genuine desire to help folk. Despite that they can be robust when required.

Who expects to pay their tax for a police service that is putting the fear of god in to the people it serves?

Well then, you all are fortunate. I personally would never involve American police for anything except the most dire emergency and do my level best to interact with them as little as possible.

It seems to me, an outsider, that the affability of British police leads to situations like these. People just aren't afraid of them. This girl feels free to bother her neighbors knowing there's little they can do. And if they do retaliate I bet they'd be in trouble, not her. If she has mental issues then she needs help for those. Where is her family?

Policing is by the consent of the population. Key tenet of the British police force. Lose that consent by way of intimidation or creating fear and it makes the job much harder for them all.

Why? Was she black?

---------- Post added 22-02-2018 at 11:12 ----------

They wouldn't have dealt with this at all, except to come around, bang on the door and tell her to knock her crap off.

And how exactly, does an unarmed young woman, who I presume is living alone (what with her sparkling personality and all) terrorize an entire street? :confused:

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 20:55 ----------

Well then, you all are fortunate. I personally would never involve American police for anything except the most dire emergency and do my level best to interact with them as little as possible.

It seems to me, an outsider, that the affability of British police leads to situations like these. People just aren't afraid of them. This girl feels free to bother her neighbors knowing there's little they can do. And if they do retaliate I bet they'd be in trouble, not her. If she has mental issues then she needs help for those. Where is her family?

We don't really need to fear them because they won't shoot us for scratching our arse, being deaf, black or even the victim of a practical joke.

They will arrest you if you break the law though.

Edited by barleycorn

I blame Hitler.

I blame Thatcher!

Why? Was she black?

---------- Post added 22-02-2018 at 11:12 ----------

We don't really need to fear them because they won't shoot us for scratching our arse, being deaf, black or even the victim of a practical joke.

They will arrest you if you break the law though.

There is this tendency for Brits and Europeans to make a straight comparison between the police in America and the police in their respective countries. There is no comparison because your officers do not have to contend with an armed populace. They can afford to be more courteous and patient and actually take an interest in and talk to the folks they serve because chances are, they aren't going to be shot doing a traffic stop or domestic call or just because someone feels like it.

Guess who maybe has a gun or guns. Is that a toy pistol? Guess too slow and you're injured or dead. This makes American police officers wary and suspicious. Throw in the dim bulbs, the inadequately trained, the shouldn't even be doing this job, the ones on a power trip, the trigger happy or just having a bad day, and you have an accident waiting to happen.

It's why I'm law abiding, never call them if I can absolutely help it, and if I am forced to be around them, definitely do NOT mouth off, cop an attitude or disobey their orders.

Personally, I think the English way is better and after watching Youtube videos of English police (even so called rude ones), I've always been impressed by how courteous they are. Ha! You all don't know rude and bullying cops.

Unfortunately, a side effect of nicer police is someone like the nasty note writer. She's not scared at all. It could be because she doesn't have any horse sense, but more likely there just is no downside to her behavior, so why stop?

So she got arrested. Did she actually see the inside of a cell? She got a fine. Meh. Will she actually pay it? Out of her own pocket? Did she lose her job over this? Is she even employed? She seems to have a lot of spare time to write notes and bother the neighbors. Having to publicly apologize is probably far more traumatic. I wonder if she's really sorry? I'll bet she is now. Will she behave for awhile, then do it again? Time will tell. Hopefully she learned something from all this.

I think she should be sentenced to perform community service in the nearest A&E. Maybe some empathy will rub off on her when she sees what an important and difficult job the paramedics have.

Edited by Sierra

Lol, I have known quite a few bullying and rude cops, and I am talking about before I left Sheffield. Mind you I was quite rude myself, at times, during my teens.:D

Just to show a little bit of help to our emergency crews. Please feel free to park outside my house, or on my drive if the car isn't there, no problem.

How ANYONE can belittle our emergency services is beyond my comprehension.

Angel1.

Ditto - and make them a cuppa too.