Do you hoard or replace clothes?

I normally buy a few new things each year and throw out the ones that are shabby or hopelessly unsuitable, and I've got some things that are almost as old as me. I have one shelf of folded jumpers and leggings, one trouser hanger and one hanging rail, maintained for the last 20 or so years.

However, I'm 3 sizes smaller than I was a few months ago and have another 4 or 5 sizes to go, so I've got way more clothes than I'm used to, half of which is big and baggy, a third is too small and about 10 things fit today but may be big and baggy by next month. I can't wait for the day when I can buy knickers and jeans that fit properly and hold up by themselves again.

Replace definitely, and then only when they've properly worn out.

I have jeans that are years and years old, still good so I won't replace them. The jumper I'm wearing now I must have had about 12 years or more. It's a plain black sweater, nothing wrong with it so why get another one?

I do buy the same things in different colours, like trainers, when the current pair gets holes in.

Reason being is I hate clothes shopping and trying things on, and have zero interest in fashion. This way I shop a lot less and can walk in to sports direct and ask for a set of trainers in my size without wasting time doing the ministry of silly walks up and down the shop.

Since having my daughter I wear clothes until the only thing they're useful for is wiping the toilet bowl with.. I am no longer the fashionista i once was!

My dauther on the other hand doesnt wear the same piece of clothing in a week! including her jeans!!!!!!!!!! what?? I get AT LEAST a 5 days of wear out of my jeans before i wash them..

Edited by Chelle-82

Since having my daughter I wear clothes until the only thing they're useful for is wiping the toilet bowl with.. I am no longer the fashionista i once was!

My dauther on the other hand doesnt wear the same piece of clothing in a week! including her jeans!!!!!!!!!! what?? I get AT LEAST a 5 days of wear out of my jeans before i wash them..

Blimey, you want to see what I wear (no you don"t). As for washing the toilet bowl with em, NO! I like to keep my toilet clean.

Do you all buy the same thing in every colour?

Thats the latest trend in my house - buy it in navy 'cos that's what we need.

But it fits Oh so nice, so we have green,mustard,red and black, even though they aren't needed but because they look nice.