"Celebrity" Speaking Parking Meters In Sheffield!

Isn’t this electronic world wonderful! ****ing messages on car-parks, celebrity voices! Marvellous. Next thing we know we’ll be getting Daleks to issue parking-tickets and blast us out of existence if we don’t pay on the spot! Doctor! Doctor Who — where are you. Help!

Can anyone please explain why, when I type in the word ****ING, in lower case, four star appear to block out the first four letters?

Can anyone please explain why, when I type in the word ****ING, in lower case, four star appear to block out the first four letters?

See here

I think someone was browsing SF in Sheffield Library. Suddenly the library staff got wind of it and now Shhh! No ****ing! :P

Happens in uppercase too ! **** **** in any case in fact ! :hihi:

How much money has been wasted on this silly idea?

I thought this as well..

How about for once, the council actually spend money on something the public might actually need and want- eh eh!!

Like- roads resurfacing, not in a months time, like in a couple of days- how about- more street cleaners.

Well I guess anything is better than the woman who speaks in the machine in the moor car park. My dad had me rolling on the floor when he said he thought Mickey Mouse was trapped inside the machine.

Check this out - Do you think it will make any difference?!

The idea makes me "Happy"

The Guardian has a piece about this today:

Celebrities voice car crime concerns

The illusion that Sean Connery is at your elbow in Snig Hill or Pond's Forge has come cheaply, thanks to a professional mimic, Stuart Smith, who recorded messages from James Bond as well as seemingly, from David Beckham, Michael Caine, in his Italian Job role, and David Dickinson, the TV antiques dealer, who warns: "There are people round here on a bargain hunt - it's as cheap as chips for them." Supt Webster reckons that people will want to "collect" all seven messages, which end with the slogan: "Make it tough, hide your stuff."

hehe this is well funny!

has anyone actually heard them yet??

theres a talking one in the market car park by the roundabout,

The idea makes me "Happy"

Hehe! It would make me happy too if I wasn't just generally Happy!! :wink:

That article is quite funny, especially about the Leeds bus stops!