Pub hidden gems.

Hello. Best hidden gem pubs and why please?

places that have something quirky or different or interesting about them...Tah ducks

First thoughts:-

Rutland has unusual food and interesting art.

Banner Cross has lots of football memorabilia.

Bath Hotel is like pubs used to be.

The Bath Hotel is good.

By "hidden" I'm pre-supposing everyone already knows about most of the great real ale emporiums in Sheffield so I'll add one that isn't so well known, The Malin Bridge Inn on Holme Lane.

Despite an awful location and not being much to look at the beer was great last time I was in and there was a nice friendly atmosphere.

Cheers taxman, yeah the more obscure or out the way the better please...

sorry didnt see you there too Jemson, nice one, keep them coming...what do you mean by unusual food??

quite a bit of veggie food but more imaginative than the usual stuff. also famed for rutty buttys.

bungalows and bears is `quirky` too.

Years ago the Royal Oak at Ulley used to be good, as did the Parish Oven at Thorpe Salvin - no idea what they are like now.

A real quirky place is the Mustard Pot at Midhopestones. Bizarre inside really but entertaning. Not so far from there you've got Cubley Hall near Penistone which is an interesting place as well - a sort of bistro ish feel to it.

If you go out Derbyshire you're spoiled for choice. 3 crackers - the Bear at Alderwasley -excellent food especially sunday carvery - the best ever. And Barley Mow Kirk Ireton - unchanged for centuries this place - beer in barrels behind the bar, flagstone floors. The Holly Bush at Makeney as well. The Gate at Brassington - there are loads...

The Rutland in Chezzie for it's real ales, traditional bar and good cheap bar food.

If we're talking about places as far as Derbyshire then I really like the Barrel at Bretton for food.

thanks all, a bit closer to the city please...hidden away rather than miles away?

Edited by ayupducks

Henry's opposite Casbah always surprises me, good selection of ales and other drinks. Really nice beer garden and the food is pretty good. The Red Deer behind West St is another hidden gem.

The Bath Hotel is good.

By "hidden" I'm pre-supposing everyone already knows about most of the great real ale emporiums in Sheffield so I'll add one that isn't so well known, The Malin Bridge Inn on Holme Lane.

Despite an awful location and not being much to look at the beer was great last time I was in and there was a nice friendly atmosphere.

Another vote for The Bath Hotel from me!

I'll also mention the Sheaf View as it's often overlooked by real ale tourists from out of town.

Nice, these are exactly the kinds of places but I know them already...keep them coming