Is there any decent ale to be had on London Road?

We're planning on going for something to eat on London Rd but would like a couple of pints beforehand. Are there any decent boozers up there that serve good beer?

From memory they all seem a bit grotty.

delaney's (ex-dulo, behind the firework shop) i think do a nice enough pint - i popped in back in mid August and remember it being pleasant, though wasn't in for all that long

probably a better bet than some of the others though

Drop down Little London Road to Havelock Bridge, the Sheaf View is just at the back of there!

Cremorne is okay though hardly up to Sheaf View standards.

The Scholar Sports Bar also had Abbeydale beers on when I was last there.

Or you could take a short walk to Bramall Lane and try the Cricketers; this thread suggests it's got Kelham Island beers on.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=864087

Drop down Little London Road to Havelock Bridge, the Sheaf View is just at the back of there!

This man knows what he is talking about. Listen to him.

There is no pub on London Road, known to man, for having good beer.

We're planning on going for something to eat on London Rd but would like a couple of pints beforehand. Are there any decent boozers up there that serve good beer?

From memory they all seem a bit grotty.

Me and the OH do this frequently. Always have one or two in the Cremorne before and afterwards, just been refurbished and its a lot nicer now. Best pub on London Road and dead convenient.

Delaney's is a good pub now but as for the bottom of London road easch time I visit it seems to get more scruffy and so do the pubs!

Was in the Sheaf last night had 3 of the guest beers and all 3 were brill,also have Farmers Blond and Easy Rider as house beers,defo best pub round here and 10 mins walk to London Rd.

We'll be walking from town so the Sheaf is just a bit too far and we'd be walking past the restaurant on the way. We might give The Cremorne a go. I used to go quite regularly but it became grotty and used to run out of beer. If it's had a refurb then it might OK.

i would recommend the devonshire cat, it has real ales from accross the globe. prices vary and it isnt full of idiots.

theres also the fat cat in kellham island, they have local brewed cider and ale. i had a few pints of cider from leeds and oh dear i was drunk lol, in fact a few pubs there are great as theyre hid away from the usuals

i would recommend the devonshire cat, it has real ales from accross the globe. prices vary and it isnt full of idiots.

theres also the fat cat in kellham island, they have local brewed cider and ale. i had a few pints of cider from leeds and oh dear i was drunk lol, in fact a few pubs there are great as theyre hid away from the usuals

Kelham Island is a bit out of the way ;)

The Dev Cat is a possibility I'd forgotten about. I'm not a big fan because I find the place soul-less and the acoustics in there mean everyone ends up shouting. But it might be OK early evening. I might also check out Delaney's (or whatever it's calling itself this week) behind Waitrose.