Ranmoor Inn - who owns it?

Does anyone know which pub company owns the Ranmoor Inn? I tried google but no answer. Would like to know after my experience there last night. Would like to email the owners to complain. Thanks.

Enterprise me thinks has tenants in, not sure of there name though! What happened?

Thanks prestige I will check their website to see if I can email a complaint.

We were just out for a drink with my daughter to celebrate her A level results and getting her place at uni. I was refused service because my daughter had no ID. I can appreciate that the staff were just doing their job, no problems with them. I happen to think enterprise's policy is just pants. I was made to feel as though I was a liar and trying to break the law. If she wasn't old enough I wouldn't try to buy her drinks. Actually they did me a favour because it affirmed my belief that it's a crap pub with a poor beer range. I would never normally drink there, just happened to be in the area. Also we went to 2 other pubs with far better beer ranges and both cheaper. The other pubs never asked for ID. Obviously their staff could apply common sense and not have to quote a corporate mantra put in place because enterprise do not have any faith in their staff's ability or competance.

I doubt that my complaint will bother enterprise, but it will satisfy my curiosity in what they will say, or indeed if they will send me an answer at all.

Thanks prestige I will check their website to see if I can email a complaint.

We were just out for a drink with my daughter to celebrate her A level results and getting her place at uni. I was refused service because my daughter had no ID. I can appreciate that the staff were just doing their job, no problems with them. I happen to think enterprise's policy is just pants. I was made to feel as though I was a liar and trying to break the law. If she wasn't old enough I wouldn't try to buy her drinks. Actually they did me a favour because it affirmed my belief that it's a crap pub with a poor beer range. I would never normally drink there, just happened to be in the area. Also we went to 2 other pubs with far better beer ranges and both cheaper. The other pubs never asked for ID. Obviously their staff could apply common sense and not have to quote a corporate mantra put in place because enterprise do not have any faith in their staff's ability or competance.

I doubt that my complaint will bother enterprise, but it will satisfy my curiosity in what they will say, or indeed if they will send me an answer at all.

Unfortunately for you they were completely in the right.

Just because you are the parent it doesn't give you the right to vouch for age. If you know your daughter is recently 18 then would it not have been sensible to have ID? Or would you rather pubs and off licences just served anyone and then let them contribute to our ASBO society?

Penalties for serving under-age customers are severe – chains can suffer fines of up to £10,000 and a licence review while staff may suffer an £80 fine.

Most places now enforce 'Challenge 25' If you look under 25 you must have ID, I am 34 and was ID'd last week on West St, but it does occasionally happen, so I keep my licence in my pocket.

Google 'Underage serving' and you get loads of stories like this....

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Shop-worker-fined-serving-booze-underage-girl/story-11925584-detail/story.html

IMO it is your own fault and the blame culture that too many people have 'It is their fault', when actually they are enforcing a well known law and you happen to think it shouldn't apply to you.

Complain all you want, but if the pub gets caught serving someone underage in a bar, then they would face a huge fine and losing their license. I'm sure that is more important to them than one outraged parent that should have known better.

p.s I still get asked for ID and i'm 30 :hihi::hihi:

Chill out, don't you remember the 70 odd year old attempting to buy alcohol in Morrisons? They asked him if he was 18, he told them that he wasn't, so they refused to serve him. :hihi:

I actually think its a very well run pub and certainly my favorite enterprise,was quite suprised when I found it was one of theirs as they are usually pretty poor pubs.

I actually think its a very well run pub and certainly my favorite enterprise,was quite suprised when I found it was one of theirs as they are usually pretty poor pubs.

Ella and Wilf Garside would be spinning in their graves, if they knew that their pub was in the hands of the ghastly Enterprise Inns group. :gag:

I still carry my passport with me when I go into town. I am 35 and occasionly get asked for ID.

Unfortunately for you they were completely in the right.

Just because you are the parent it doesn't give you the right to vouch for age. If you know your daughter is recently 18 then would it not have been sensible to have ID? Or would you rather pubs and off licences just served anyone and then let them contribute to our ASBO society?

Penalties for serving under-age customers are severe – chains can suffer fines of up to £10,000 and a licence review while staff may suffer an £80 fine.

Most places now enforce 'Challenge 25' If you look under 25 you must have ID, I am 34 and was ID'd last week on West St, but it does occasionally happen, so I keep my licence in my pocket.

Google 'Underage serving' and you get loads of stories like this....

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Shop-worker-fined-serving-booze-underage-girl/story-11925584-detail/story.html

IMO it is your own fault and the blame culture that too many people have 'It is their fault', when actually they are enforcing a well known law and you happen to think it shouldn't apply to you.

So the way to enforce a law is to refuse to serve a 50 year old who happens to be buying legally, great logic.

Complain all you want, but if the pub gets caught serving someone underage in a bar, then they would face a huge fine and losing their license. I'm sure that is more important to them than one outraged parent that should have known better.

p.s I still get asked for ID and i'm 30 :hihi::hihi:

Not really an enraged parent because they did me a favour.

So the way to enforce a law is to refuse to serve a 50 year old who happens to be buying legally, great logic.

Creating an age of 50 without me ever stating it, would help your argument if that is what I had said.

Facts are she is 18, she didn't have ID and most pubs now enforce 'Challenge 25'.

Can you quote where I said it would be reasonable to not serve a 50 year old?