Wadsley bridge working mens club

does any one no ..theirs rumours going around about the wadsley bridge club halifax road sheffield that its closing down as a club.thiers loads of land what will be built on it,some are saying flats,but i think a good shopping area would be a great idea,and put money into the area..as any one else got any ideas:huh::huh:

does any one no ..theirs rumours going around about the wadsley bridge club halifax road sheffield that its closing down as a club.thiers loads of land what will be built on it,some are saying flats,but i think a good shopping area would be a great idea,and put money into the area..as any one else got any ideas:huh::huh:

:huh: IVE NOT HEARD OWT??:huh:

i cant see any one buildin owt on there as all the new shops etc are now bein built down at Kilner Way.... i may be wrong??

There have been rumours on and off for years that it might close.

I've not heard anything but if it did close I think houses are more likely than shops, but I can't see either happening to be honest.

My Dad will be turning in his grave. WBWMC was his second home.

Wadsley Bridge W.M.C. has one of the biggest (if not the biggest) memberships in Sheffield/South Yorks. It is a very busy club and I find it hard to believe that it is going to close down. However, Shiregreen W.M.C. is a different proposition. They have had a meeting recently to discuss possible plans to sell the club and build houses/flats on the land. But even this is only speculation at the present time I understand.

Seen this before with the Dial house. club didnt change with the times, or attract younger members, it slow died a painfull death:loopy:

All WMC need to change or we will lose more good venues, to blocks of flats

in such a small area well within walking distance the forty foot has closed,five archers,the gate clay wheels lane,wadsley bridge,travlers,new bridge inn,railway.and the white horse all all under pressure with sales

but saying that the pitsmore wmc,and the limes wmc whent bust so could this be true?????

also has the park and abourethorn closed the one near the top of the manor????as it was boared up the last time i whent up the manor....

so what is killing the pubs,clubs off??the smoking ban,hight rates??the rise in beer??or its just selling off the land???its a shame...may be its the new trend to drink out off cans as any one any ideas why its happening to our once night out with the lads and a game of darts

spiritulist I don't know where you get your information from but you couldn't be further from the truth!!

I'm the secretary of this club and I can assure you the club is not shutting.We have a membership approaching 6000 and new members joining all the time.We are renowned for having the best turns in clubland on a regular basis.Coming soon are the ELO experience ,£12 to see them at the City Hall free at Wadsley Bridge.

WE run trips for pensioners to the coast including pocket money and also kids trips.At Xmas pensioners who are life members received over £6000 in drinks tokens.

The club itself is owned by the members with no mortgage or loans outstanding and no debts to anyone.By the way if we were in trouble how much do you think the land itself would be worth surrounding the club without including the club house?

So finally I can say they are not putting shops on it or housing ,only bums on seats for some of the best entertainment in Sheffield and also the cheapest drinks in the area.