Smelly clothes from Charity shop

How do I get the smell out?

I've washed them several times, but the smell is still there, it's perfume and that fusty smell mainly.

Edited by poppet2

Try Dettol Laundry Cleanser you pour it in with powder or liquid at the same time it works on smelly trainers and also fishermens stinky clothes so should work on that get mine from Sainsburys but they should sell it at most supermarkets

setting fire to them not an option ?

Surely after several washes it much be out... What detergent are you using? And are you adding conditioner?

surely it has to be a very very hot wash, that will kill any germs thats on them

Edited by banjodeano

surely it has to be a very very hot wash, that will kill any derms thats on them

Yea, I don't think washing on something like 30 degrees will cut it!

Yea, I don't think washing on something like 30 degrees will cut it!

boil wash....just like granny used to

boil wash....just like granny used to

Lol true, that will definitely fix the smell! Not sure how delicates will fair though in a boil wash?

Try Dettol Laundry Cleanser you pour it in with powder or liquid at the same time it works on smelly trainers and also fishermens stinky clothes so should work on that get mine from Sainsburys but they should sell it at most supermarkets

Aren't you supposed to put that in the final rinse drawer?

I've washed them several times, but the smell is still there, it's perfume and that fusty smell mainly.

you bought or giving

Thanks for the tip, I may try that in addition to a very hot wash with the usual conditioner.

Someone mentioned carbonate soda crystals, has anyone ever used these, as they don't smell of anything, so I wondered how they could disguise or take away the smell.:confused::huh:

Personally I would"nt buy anything that smells, in fact you could"nt give me anything that smells.. it does appear that the purchase smelt very bad indeed.