Stamp collecting, do people still do it?

Back in my childhood days we used to collect stamps and put them in a book, there used to be a few pages for each country, we used to buy packs of stamps from the shops and stick them on the corresponding page, it was great looking at all the unusual foreign stamps with strange looking animals on, and also at Christmas the Uk used to sell some really great festive looking stamps,

So, do people still collect stamps these days? i am sure there are serious collectors out there, but i guess its not a childhood hobby any more like it used to be, oh how i wish i still had my old book, it was full of old stamps, and a lot of the countries in the book no longer exist

Back in my childhood days we used to collect stamps and put them in a book, there used to be a few pages for each country, we used to buy packs of stamps from the shops and stick them on the corresponding page, it was great looking at all the unusual foreign stamps with strange looking animals on, and also at Christmas the Uk used to sell some really great festive looking stamps,

So, do people still collect stamps these days? i am sure there are serious collectors out there, but i guess its not a childhood hobby any more like it used to be, oh how i wish i still had my old book, it was full of old stamps, and a lot of the countries in the book no longer exist

You learn(ed) a lot about the countries of the world by collecting stamps.

my golf partner still collects stamps, goes to local stamp auctions.... so yes, folks still practice philately!

I don't think there are many children who collect stamps nowadays. Less letters are posted and less stamps are used because of new technology, which has led to less Post Offices