Am I alone or do interviewers always seem to ask the wrong questions a

Am I alone or do interviewers always seem to ask the wrong questions and accept none answers?

Am I alone or do interviewers always seem to ask the wrong questions and accept none answers?

Do you mean on the radio and tv ?

Do you mean on the radio and tv ?

either, have you never seen it?

either, have you never seen it?

Seen it ? Can you be more specific ? Give us an example.

Seen it ? Can you be more specific ? Give us an example.

ok, a politician gets a question and replies, I have not read it or know of it(this is when it is in the public domain). should they get a pass. Or as I feel they should have the interview terminated as they are our line liers

ok, a politician gets a question and replies, I have not read it or know of it(this is when it is in the public domain). should they get a pass. Or as I feel they should have the interview terminated as they are our line liers

I have come to the conclusion that politicians have ready made answers for awkward questions.

I have come to the conclusion that politicians have ready made answers for awkward questions.

i think so or talk the time away, would you like to see an interview to dismiss them when they try, like saying if you're not going to reply we will stop or if you're not prepared you no good we will stop. Paxman used to come close it never did.

Edited by phil752

i think so or talk the time away, would you like to see a ntervers to dismiss them when they try, like saying if your not going to reply we will stop or if your not prepared you no good we will stop. Paxman used to come close ut never did.

I don’t think the producer and director of the programme would encourage that.!

I don’t think the producer and director of the programme would encourage that.!

why not? you think they should lie to us

Thats the interviewees problem. Give em enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Its certainly not up to the interviewer to terminate early and walk away. You really think a programme maker or even the public audience will accept 10/15/20 minutes of dead air because an interview is terminated on the basis of someone not liking the answers.

Thats the interviewees problem. Give em enough rope and they will hang themselves.

Its certainly not up to the interviewer to terminate early and walk away. You really think a programme maker or even the public audience will accept 10/15/20 minutes of dead air because an interview is terminated on the basis of someone not liking the answers.

it not likeing the answers, it being given guff answer and talking themselve out of airtime we have all seen it. I just wondered f they got terminated for it, how long would it take them to come prepaared. and it not hard to have 15 min fillers prepare if they did leave

Yes and yes.

Some interviewers are good and push for answers, but many are not.

The same goes for news programmes. Listen carefully and what sounds like an answer or explanation in tone and syntax is nothing of the sort, but just meaningless guff.

More and more, News programmes seem to give the appearance of informing the public when in actual fact they say nothing.