People are almost entirely self-serving

not sure i agree with that, i tend to feel sorry for the younglings rather than hate them

when i was young we didn't spend our lives glued to games machines and mobile phones we went out in the fresh air and broke our arms falling out of trees and half drowned falling into ponds.

and i give a <censored> about you

not sure i agree with that, i tend to feel sorry for the younglings rather than hate them

when i was young we didn't spend our lives glued to games machines and mobile phones we went out in the fresh air and broke our arms falling out of trees and half drowned falling into ponds.

and i give a <censored> about you

Did you read the article Andy?

Deep down, honestly, I suspect you don't give a <censored> about me, and that's perfectly fine, it doesn't mean you hate me.

People often pretend that they're caring people, it's largely a pretence though, they feel better about themselves if other people see them as caring people, there are also other advantages to being seen in a positive light.

Just plain raw honesty, I think that's what I prefer from people.

Almost at the bottom for those who didn't read it all is this "I've been on this earth for a quarter-century, and if I've learned one thing, it's that people are the goddamn worst. When you're a kid, you expect that people have your best interest at heart. You trust them with your heart."

At the age of 25 I think she should get out more.

Almost at the bottom for those who didn't read it all is this "I've been on this earth for a quarter-century, and if I've learned one thing, it's that people are the goddamn worst. When you're a kid, you expect that people have your best interest at heart. You trust them with your heart."

She's clearly a quick learner!

Also, worth mentioning that we all have different life experiences, and we shouldn't judge other people through the lense of our own individual experience. Other people may be way less fortunate than ourselves, in ways we can't begin to imagine. Some people are blessed to be instilled with a sense of self love and self worth from a young age (this has to be a fundamental of good parenting), others are not so fortunate and may struggle in many areas of life as a result.

It's easy, but shallow and disingenuous of us, to judge them.

I've just finished reading the entire article by Gigi Engle. She is a Senior Writer for 'Elite Daily' covering 'all things sex and love related'.

They way she wrote I did expect her age to be 50 plus. Not 25.

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 13:59 ----------

Other articles by Gigi Engle, 25, include:

'How to anally stimulate your boyfriend like a champion'

'What's the deal with Harry Styles' extra nipples?'

'How to convince your boyfriend to agree to pegging'

I guess Gigi should stick to writing about sex.

There are few people whom I really love and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.

Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice, written when Jane Austen was a similar age to the author of that article, perhaps a little younger.

In the current climate, particularly if you're online a lot, when venal, self-serving, truly vile people run the world, it's easy to find yourself in a bubble of self-confirming swill where every utterance reinforces perceptions and beliefs that can fester in your consciousness and start to chip away at your happiness and self-worth. You start to become blind to what's good out there, because it's being obliterated by a tidal wave of bile. Before you know it, you're in a bitter echo chamber, where you're starting to leach out what you've absorbed.

Remember, articles like this are written for clicks. It doesn't necessarily reflect reality, not even the author's own reality. There are foul people out there, doing terrible things, but there are also people working to make their bit of the world a better place. It's hard to believe that; I'm still with Lizzie.

Perhaps you need to start filtering out some of the bile and actively seek out things that challenge your current perceptions and make you happy.

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 14:14 ----------

...Some people are blessed to be instilled with a sense of self love and self worth from a young age (this has to be a fundamental of good parenting), others are not so fortunate and may struggle in many areas of life as a result ...

I don't think you ever fully recover from terrible parenting. Not completely. When parents have failed to encourage the development of their child's self-worth, have perhaps even actively blighted it, it leaves a permanent scar that no amount of subsequent work will remove. It's like slapping concealer on a spot: the impression is still there, if you look closely enough in the right light, even when you've tried to mask the rawness.

People often pretend that they're caring people, it's largely a pretence though, they feel better about themselves if other people see them as caring people, there are also other advantages to being seen in a positive light.

It depends how high your expectations are. People do often put themselves first, which is correct; these days we can get health/car/house insurance - we put the responsibility on ourselves to make provision.

Who is responsible for us in our old age, the Government, the Council or yourself?

We will all have a different answer to that question.

Do you have a good pension so that you will be ok in later life, or do you expect the state to look after you, or maybe your children?

People are almost entirely self-serving, and no one gives a <censored> about you.

That's a line from an article I just read, and have to say, in my experience I very much find it to be true.

Article here: https://www.elitedaily.com/life/i-hate-people/1420157

Merry Christmas everyone!! :P

Merry Christmas everyone!! :P

Happy New Year :love:

Happy New Year :love:

Happy Brexit and a wonderful new life outside of the EU.

Happy Brexit and a wonderful new life outside of the EU.

I will be having a wonderful year, inside the UK ;)