Blades vs Fulham 21/11/17

Should be looking to take 3 points against an inconsistent team.

Hopefully we will be able to put more space between us and 7th and go top of the league for another 24 hours.

Here’s hoping. Concerned about replacing Couttsie with Lundstrom, Carruthers, Brooks ? Carruthers hasn’t seemed to figure in Wilder’s plan this season. Came on against Norwich ( I think) was looking good, got injured after 15 mins and has kept the bench warm since. Wilder seems to prefer Lundstrom to come on towards the end. He could rejig the team to bring Brooks on,easily our most gifted talent, but Sharpe and Clarke have their scoring boots on at present.

Fulham seemed to be the best footballing side in the division last season so their position this season is a bit baffling, against a very good Wolves on Sky they looked poor.

Being the eternal pessimist I keep expecting our bubble to burst .

Can’t win ‘em all :D

Here’s hoping. Concerned about replacing Couttsie with Lundstrom, Carruthers, Brooks ? Carruthers hasn’t seemed to figure in Wilder’s plan this season. Came on against Norwich ( I think) was looking good, got injured after 15 mins and has kept the bench warm since. Wilder seems to prefer Lundstrom to come on towards the end. He could rejig the team to bring Brooks on,easily our most gifted talent, but Sharpe and Clarke have their scoring boots on at present.

Fulham seemed to be the best footballing side in the division last season so their position this season is a bit baffling, against a very good Wolves on Sky they looked poor.

Being the eternal pessimist I keep expecting our bubble to burst .

Can’t win ‘em all :D

Being a pessimist is all part of being a Blade to be fair mainly because of past hopes being dashed at the last second.In Wilder it seems different the guy is a born winner he talks our lingo and is straight I just hope the board has the same dreams as our manager. Time will tell but they can not blame the manager this time if it goes pear shaped he has worked wonders and kept his side of the bargain now it is up to you guys sat in the ivory towers and most of the fans know that.

Possible banana skin this one. We will have to get used to playing without couttsy and i think that could disrupt us a little.

I'm saying 1-1 draw.

I have this as a possible banana as well,they are where they are for a reason,but when I saw them last season,they have some decent players who,if they all get it together in a game,are more than a match for anyone in the division.

We have options without Coutts,but most of them involve getting a right wing back fit.As we have no direct replacement,the obvious thing to do is share out the responsibility and workload through the team,they all have to step up again and show we can manage.

Obviously we want 2 good results from these next games,and if we don't,people are going to say that we aren't the same without Coutts,but I would look at the performances.If we get 2 good ones that match what has gone before,but don't get the results,I won't be too worried,2 below par ones coupled with not getting results and the Coutts reference may be valid.

Be interesting to see who Wilder chooses to take up the Coutts role, I assume it will be Lundstram but we do have a couple of options in midfield.

No idea on score or result as could really go either way.

Be interesting to see who Wilder chooses to take up the Coutts role, I assume it will be Lundstram but we do have a couple of options in midfield.

No idea on score or result as could really go either way.

Yes without Coutts this could be tricky.Might have to alter format slightly and maybe give Curruthers a run out.A decent run in the team for him might pay dividends .Remember Coutts being slagged off to begin with but he became a great player for us given time.

The Coutts injury will galvanise the sqaud.

2-1

The Coutts injury will galvanise the sqaud.

2-1

That's a great call there. I thought at Burton we looked a little flat at the start of the second half, almost as if the injury had deflated us but then we stepped up a gear. Wilder and his team need to use the Coutts injury ( with the greatest respect) as a motivating spur.

If we had all pulled together in April 2012 when Ched was imprisoned then who knows what the last 6 years would have brought to both our clubs.

Home banker..

Bladesalona 3-1.

---------- Post added 20-11-2017 at 14:11 ----------

Home banker..

Bladesalona 3-1.

Should be a good game Fulham play some good football so we are going to have to be our best, thinking who’s going to play in Coutts position?

Let’s hope we can still get 3 points as we are at home looking forward to game

Whoever takes Coutts' place will be briefed and prepared, so the change will hardly be noticed.

That's Wilder's main strength, and the team will perform as near as dammit normally.