Grimesthorpe Boys' Club

come on who went when Keith and Trevor Lemm used to run it????

I used to go there, also played for the football team in later years, was knackered before we started climbing up winco hill

we also went to the boys club, i think it was on a friday night disco

i used to go every week also played football for years remember keith and trev well brian gill and derek were good days pitty theres nothing for kids now

i can remember the discos used to to have laff

i used to go every week also played football for years remember keith and trev well brian gill and derek were good days pitty theres nothing for kids now

Their's a youth club, wednesday nights, at the family centre on Holywell Rd.

I went for a couple of years in the sixties. I Played footy for them but i can only remember one player who was called Jessop the climb to the pitch was a killer. The chippy at the bottom of the hill was handy and i can remember a girl called Elaine or Lorraine Ball.

I went for a couple of years in the sixties. I Played footy for them but i can only remember one player who was called Jessop the climb to the pitch was a killer. The chippy at the bottom of the hill was handy and i can remember a girl called Elaine or Lorraine Ball.

Hey-up,

Dave Jessop here. Who are you? I played for Grimey from about '63 to '68 (Still playing footie) and was well involved in the Boys club. I came home & visited Trevor just before he passed away and went to see Keith & his family. Such great memories.

Can you remember these characters?? Lucy: Scope: Plum: Dinah

Can you remember in the old building (what seemed like the only record that the club possessed) there was a record player (Dansette) I think, no plug on the wire, we used a lolly stick to push in the earth, then pushed in the other two wires to make it work. The song was?????

Hey Up Dave

I don't think you will remember me. I lived on the Cross and one of my mates asked me to play as they were struggling for players. My mate who went to Hinde house was called John Gray and my name is Stewart Crapper. I remember you quite well and i have often thought about you. You were a larger than life character and i remember once we were playing Harbourough amatuers who were top of the league and we were waiting to kick off and you were stood on the centre spot singing a beach boys song we were all ******* ourselfs laughing i have never forgotten that. I cant help you with the other names but i recall a lad who played who was really thin and wore glasses, we played in stripped shirts and by the way we lost that match 11-0 so your singing was bloody rubbish. Well i hope your well Dave i will be surprised if you recall me i now live in lincolnshire but still work in Sheffield.

Hey Up Dave

I don't think you will remember me. I lived on the Cross and one of my mates asked me to play as they were struggling for players. My mate who went to Hinde house was called John Gray and my name is Stewart Crapper. I remember you quite well and i have often thought about you. You were a larger than life character and i remember once we were playing Harbourough amatuers who were top of the league and we were waiting to kick off and you were stood on the centre spot singing a beach boys song we were all ******* ourselfs laughing i have never forgotten that. I cant help you with the other names but i recall a lad who played who was really thin and wore glasses, we played in stripped shirts and by the way we lost that match 11-0 so your singing was bloody rubbish. Well i hope your well Dave i will be surprised if you recall me i now live in lincolnshire but still work in Sheffield.

Hi Stewart, yes I remember you. I can remember my first game on Acres Hill School we lost 11-1 and I got the goal. Then we played Harborough, we only had 7 men and we lost 27-0. literally up to the knees in mud. The guy with glasses is SPOT (Roger Williams). I have a photo from around that time when we played in Manchester. I will try to post it if I can, if not, give me your e-mail & I'll send it. http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu170/SPLITLIP1/Grimey%20Footie%201964/GrimesthorpeBoysClub1964.jpg Hope to hear more from you soon.

Dave

Hi Stewart, yes I remember you. I can remember my first game on Acres Hill School we lost 11-1 and I got the goal. Then we played Harborough, we only had 7 men and we lost 27-0. literally up to the knees in mud. The guy with glasses is SPOT (Roger Williams). I have a photo from around that time when we played in Manchester. I will try to post it if I can, if not, give me your e-mail & I'll send it. http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu170/SPLITLIP1/Grimey%20Footie%201964/GrimesthorpeBoysClub1964.jpg Hope to hear more from you soon.

Dave

Hey up Dave, what a photo, I never went to the Boys Club, but know most of them,

Back row, ? ? Steve Pinder? Laurence Briggs, Robert Hinchcliffe

Front row, Lewis Dawson(chippy), Dave Dunn, You, Stefan Ivanco?, Paul Mason, Roger Williams

Great to hear from ex members of Grimesthorpe Boys Club.I was a member and a leader from 64 to it closing in 2001, I started playing for the club in 1964 in the under 16s (saturday in them days) i was in the team with my mates John Owen, Jeff Parker, Spot, Mick Newton,George Hearnshaw,and the rest of our mob.We all played together for about 5 years and finishing playing in the Sports And Athletic league We played on Wincobank Wood and to mark the pitch out before we played.

Keith Lemm will be 70 in july

Southweller.