Does Sheffield have a pitch fork/burning torch mentality

You know when the are reports of someone who looks "east European/slav/etc and is reported seen near a school or such like......

Does Sheffield have a worse reputation for over the top reaction?, in that people often seem to want to go out with their burning torches and sharpened pitch forks?, or is it just the fact you see more uneducated responses on here?

You know when the are reports of someone who looks "east European/slav/etc and is reported seen near a school or such like......

Does Sheffield have a worse reputation for over the top reaction?, in that people often seem to want to go out with their burning torches and sharpened pitch forks?, or is it just the fact you see more uneducated responses on here?

No more than anywhere else.

and to be honest i've not read a post "east European/slav/etc and is reported seen near a school or such like......" on this forum.

Or are you subtly hinting that the shock would be seeing an Eastern European/Slav near a place of education?!

Does Sheffield have a worse reputation for over the top reaction?

On here, Yes.

On the streets, No.

On the forum, almost certainly.

In real life? No idea. I left Sheffield when they started getting that way in real life. I can only presume they got worse judging by the forum responses...

Mind you there are bits of Leeds that are getting that way as well. And lets not get started on Harrogate.

Sheffield is very parochial and primitive, it fears outsiders so a pitch fork mentality is to be expected.

No, I don't think so. I've always found most people pleasant and rather benign.

We used to have a reputation for being anarchic, but the fire seems to have gone out.

I'd have said no until this morning when I was forced to sit a conversation between women in their 50s describing in increasingly Nazi terms what they believed should happen to any migrants trying to reach Britain. It started off with attacking them with dogs and in the space of 30 seconds moved to machine gunning, castration and sterilisation. And they laughed as they said it.

This country increasingly scares me with the direction it is travelling in.

I'd have said no until this morning when I was forced to sit a conversation between women in their 50s describing in increasingly Nazi terms what they believed should happen to any migrants trying to reach Britain. It started off with attacking them with dogs and in the space of 30 seconds moved to machine gunning, castration and sterilisation. And they laughed as they said it.

This country increasingly scares me with the direction it is travelling in.

When I lived on Parson Cross I would often hear conversations of this calibre. I now live in the middle class lefties part of S11 and now hear conversations about how they would like to machine gun all Ukippers and white trash EDL types.

IMO they're 2 sides of the same coin.

So the would be a market for a shop selling pitch forks and burning torches in Sheffield then ?

Troll thread or what.

Not at all, a genuine point