A level results

Just thinking back quite some years to a very disappointed son who hadn't got the grades he needed. He licked his wounds, changed direction and is now very successful and, more importantly, very happy.

So to all those kids who got the grades they wanted, "Well Done".

To those who didn't, take time to reflect, and remember it's not the end of the world, just possibly a different journey to what you'd first hoped.

Good Luck to you all

I was concerned that no-one has opened a new thread congratulating our young people on this year's A Level Results.

The A Levels are (allegedly) the 'Gold Standard' of our pre-University educational system.

The 'Independent' reports an overall pass rate of 98.1% so obviously not every student can pass them !

(Dons tin hat and retires awaiting flak)

A younger relative of mine has won a place at Oxford University with the fabulous grades they worked VERY hard to get (before someone says they give them away)!

Well done AEB - we all love you and are SO proud of you !:clap::banana::D

A younger relative of mine has won a place at Oxford University with the fabulous grades they worked VERY hard to get (before someone says they give them away)!

Well done AEB - we all love you and are SO proud of you !:clap::banana::D

Well done and Good Luck to them. Yes, they do work hard and more hard work to come. Hope those who didn't do so well can see there is light at the end of the tunnel.