Burning Man Sheffield?

A friend of mine is a regular Burning Man (US) visitor. A massive festival that is completely based on a swap economy where people create art, enjoy time together and basically have a great time.

Could Sheffield, which is showing a great community spirit in festivals like Tramlines, Music in the Gardens etc. etc. able to host a similar activity?

that would be fantastic and come and visit us on site to have a chat,also email me about

any other things please thanks

A friend of mine is a regular Burning Man (US) visitor. A massive festival that is completely based on a swap economy where people create art, enjoy time together and basically have a great time.

Could Sheffield, which is showing a great community spirit in festivals like Tramlines, Music in the Gardens etc. etc. able to host a similar activity?

Part of the charm of the burning man is its set in the desert. You are cut off in an isolated community where a barter system is necessary. Non commercial.

Where could sheff hold such an event? How would you keep shops / brands out of it?

Part of the charm of the burning man is its set in the desert. You are cut off in an isolated community where a barter system is necessary. Non commercial.

Where could sheff hold such an event? How would you keep shops / brands out of it?

That is one of the things I was wondering about. You could do it but the location is pretty critical.

would greenhill park be okay,its long flat and a countryside feel thanks

That is one of the things I was wondering about. You could do it but the location is pretty critical.

not many deserts in sheff - bridlington beach?

It doesn't have to be a desert. My friend is initiating one in Austria with like-minded people. Not many deserts there. What you do need though is a large enough open space where you can build something up (and leave behind clean) with permission.

yes the lowedges festival is on this sunday 12noon to 5pm and is huge,but could this

type of event be installed in ours or would it have to be on its own thanks

It doesn't have to be a desert. My friend is initiating one in Austria with like-minded people. Not many deserts there. What you do need though is a large enough open space where you can build something up (and leave behind clean) with permission.

Hope we get one in sheff. I for one would attend.

---------- Post added 07-08-2015 at 20:47 ----------

A park is perhaps not the right place, maybe a piece of detilict land