Well done Lee Ward S2 Food Bank

Sheffield taxi drivers are set to help out some of the city’s hungriest by offering foodbank users a trip to the seaside and a free meal. 
Members of the Sheffield Taxi Drivers Community have organised a visit to Cleethorpes for the people dependent on the S2 Food Bank.

They are calling on members of the public to donate money for the trip, as well as buckets and spades for the day.

The event has been organised by City Taxi driver, Lee Ward, who wanted to help the Sheffield Muslim Community Forum, run by taxi driver Sohail Mumtaz, in their support of the food bank.

“The charity helps with food and clothes, things, but nothing aimed at putting a smile on their face”, said Mr Ward.

He continued: “It’s nice to have a day out and have some fun. That’s why I thought of this idea.”

On Sunday, August 16 at 9.30am taxi drivers will leave St Swithuns Church on Cary Road to drive staff and food bank visitors to Cleethorpes at no cost to themselves.

The trip will be fully funded by the drivers and those who donate, including fish and chips for lunch.

Mr Mumtaz said: “Seeing people in this day and age needing to use food banks is appalling.”

He said that 16 drivers had signed up so far, providing space for 70 passengers, mainly families, and that he expected more drivers to sign up.

So far, £200 has been raised, half of the target amount. as of 26 July 2015

Donations can be made here

http://www.gofundme.com/zgy3ys

Good idea, a nice positive thread.

Sheffield taxi drivers are set to help out some of the city’s hungriest by offering foodbank users a trip to the seaside and a free meal. 
Members of the Sheffield Taxi Drivers Community have organised a visit to Cleethorpes for the people dependent on the S2 Food Bank.

They are calling on members of the public to donate money for the trip, as well as buckets and spades for the day.

The event has been organised by City Taxi driver, Lee Ward, who wanted to help the Sheffield Muslim Community Forum, run by taxi driver Sohail Mumtaz, in their support of the food bank.

“The charity helps with food and clothes, things, but nothing aimed at putting a smile on their face”, said Mr Ward.

He continued: “It’s nice to have a day out and have some fun. That’s why I thought of this idea.”

On Sunday, August 16 at 9.30am taxi drivers will leave St Swithuns Church on Cary Road to drive staff and food bank visitors to Cleethorpes at no cost to themselves.

The trip will be fully funded by the drivers and those who donate, including fish and chips for lunch.

Mr Mumtaz said: “Seeing people in this day and age needing to use food banks is appalling.”

He said that 16 drivers had signed up so far, providing space for 70 passengers, mainly families, and that he expected more drivers to sign up.

So far, £200 has been raised, half of the target amount. as of 26 July 2015

Donations can be made here

http://www.gofundme.com/zgy3ys

Is this Muslims only?

Is this Muslims only?

Is your misunderstanding a genuine one or are you deliberately getting it wildly wrong for more nefarious reasons?

"....who wanted to help the Sheffield Muslim Community Forum, run by taxi driver Sohail Mumtaz, in their support of the food bank."

I can't see anything suggesting a bar on non-muslims

I also notice that you didn't pick up on

"taxi drivers will leave St Swithuns Church on Cary Road"
and ask if the trip is Christians only?

Care to explain?

Edited by Squiggs

Is your misunderstanding a genuine one or are you deliberately getting it wildly wrong for more nefarious reasons?

"....who wanted to help the Sheffield Muslim Community Forum, run by taxi driver Sohail Mumtaz, in their support of the food bank."

I can't see anything suggesting a bar on non-muslims

I also notice that you didn't pick up on "taxi drivers will leave St Swithuns Church on Cary Road" and ask if the trip is Christians only?

Care to explain?

So, can you confirm that this is for all?

So, can you confirm that this is for all?

No, they are going to desecrate the church before setting off, pausing at Market Rasen to build a mosque on the racecourse; and it might be wise to stay off the beach in Cleethorpes that day.

That's what you WANT to hear isn't it? You won't take notice of anything that might be the actual truth, in your world a trip to the seaside is an islamification plot and if anyone calls out how ridiculous that sounds just yell "OPEN YOUR EYES"

I think we need to gather a load of yobs to drink lager, shout and bawl slightly-modified football chants and shut down half the city centre to stop this outrage.

It's not "for all" - it is for the users of the food bank. The same foodbank that distributed easter eggs to its users. But I suppose some of the easter eggs might have been made by companies that produce foods labeled Halal so that's further proof that it's a Muslim plot.

When you turn off the lights, do you sometimes get frightened that a muslim is hiding in your wardrobe?

Edited by Squiggs

No, they are going to desecrate the church before setting off, pausing at Market Rasen to build a mosque on the racecourse; and it might be wise to bstay off the beach in Cleethorpes that day.

That's what you WANT to hear isn't it? You won't take notice of anything that might be the actual truth, in your world a trip to the seaside is an islamification plot and if anyone calls out how ridiculous that sounds just yell "OPEN YOUR EYES"

I think we need to gather a load of yobs to drink lager, shout and bawl slightly-modified football chants and shut down half the city centre to stop this outrage.

It's not "for all" - it is for the users of the food bank. The same foodbank that distributed easter eggs to it's users. But I suppose some of the easter eggs might have been made by companies that produce foods labeled Halal so that's further proof that it's a Muslim plot.

When you turn off the lights, do you sometimes get frightened that a muslim is hiding in your wardrobe?

So, instead of posting crap, can you confirm that this is open to all users of the food bank, simple really, yes or no answer would suffice.

So, instead of posting crap, can you confirm that this is open to all users of the food bank, simple really, yes or no answer would suffice.

Why do you think it might not be?

Glasgow taxi drivers have been doing this for years. It's a great idea.

this is for all nationalities and religions who affend s2 food bank.

No, they are going to desecrate the church before setting off, pausing at Market Rasen to build a mosque on the racecourse; and it might be wise to stay off the beach in Cleethorpes that day.

It's not "for all" - it is for the users of the food bank. The same foodbank that distributed easter eggs to its users. But I suppose some of the easter eggs might have been made by companies that produce foods labeled Halal so that's further proof that it's a Muslim plot.

Love it :thumbsup::hihi:

this is for all nationalities and religions who affend s2 food bank.

Thank you, that wasn't hard, was it?