Ranmoor Inn - who owns it?

Just for the record and before you go ranting to Enterprise Inns, the Ranmoor Inn is owned by the small local Just William pub chain I think, which is owned by the landlord of the Ranmoor Inn itself- Nigel and his wife Vanessa. Generally regarded as a top landlord running a very nice operation which is mainly why the Ranmoor Inn is the only place in Ranmoor that's still busy. The place could never be called a dive by any standards, so for you to say that suggests you're throwing your toys out of the pram because of your experience.

Also, Enterprise Inns dont run pubs, so have no say over who gets a spanking for bad service. They just lease them to people who run them them as their own business.

I agree many many pubs in Sheffield could learn an awfull lot from the way that pub is run.

Friendly staff,good service,well kept beer,spotlessly clean things that sound obvious but to many pubs don't even get the basics right.

And a strict policy of not serving under 18's another big plus if you ask me.

Just shows you can never please everyone.

Just for the record and before you go ranting to Enterprise Inns, the Ranmoor Inn is owned by the small local Just William pub chain I think, which is owned by the landlord of the Ranmoor Inn itself- Nigel and his wife Vanessa. Generally regarded as a top landlord running a very nice operation which is mainly why the Ranmoor Inn is the only place in Ranmoor that's still busy. The place could never be called a dive by any standards, so for you to say that suggests you're throwing your toys out of the pram because of your experience.

Also, Enterprise Inns dont run pubs, so have no say over who gets a spanking for bad service. They just lease them to people who run them them as their own business.

I never wanted to get a spanking for anyone. I wished to point out the ridiculous nature of the challenge 25 rule. Andy C sent me a weblink to their site. It has changed my perception of the pub trade. I used to go out 4 or more nights a week and visited many pubs locally, regionally and nationally. For about the last 2 months I have visited no pubs , not even when recently on holiday. I no longer have any desire to. There are more productive ways to spend my time. Like I said earlier I have moved on.